cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rm31859
Journeyman III

Radeon HD 7000 graphics card, no fan speed control even with MSI Afterburner, The MSI does not have a fan tab

I recently added a Radeon HD 7000 series half height graphics card to my HP Compaq 6000 Pro sff computer. I am running Win 10 64 bit using an Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 CPU. I have downloaded the latest drivers and software available for this card. My problem is that i have no fan speed control, even using MSI afterburner. When I go into settings there is no "Fan" tab.I also have the Speedfan program and there is no fan speed control in it either. Is it possible that this card simply is not user controllable or am I just missing something? Thanks for any and all help.

2 Replies

That would be a question for whoever made the card you bought. Most likely yes if it isn't available the it's likely not supported on that card. But I don't know for a fact, just a guess. AMD doesn't make or recommend Afterburner. Any questions about Afterburner should be directed to MSI support.

0 Likes
Hardwood
Paragon

Look at the wires connecting the fan on the gpu. You'll see two. Therefore no way to monitor fan speed so no fan control as it runs at full speed all the time.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes