cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

garryj
Journeyman III

Radeon HD 3200 driver for Windows 7

So, I believe I have done my due diligence and read every possible aspect possible to comprehend what is going on with this old laptop.

It's an Acer Aspire 5535 with AMD Athlon x2 and a Radeon HD 3200 graphics card. I Upgraded this to windows 7 and since, I can not for the life of me get CCC to work with the option tabs in it's entirety. I have several laptops (this being the oldest) and I run them all as it saves me a lot of time.

I have turned off firewalls... turned off auto updates (including through system) and reinstalled the drivers many times but it just keeps telling me I have no drivers. The laptop works fine but I'm a tad bit OCD and like everything that belongs on the laptop, on the laptop. I'm starting to regret tossing windows 7 on it and any help would be greatly appreciated.

The only option I haven't done is when someone suggested manually downloading from here but I don't get that option with the 5 steps (unless I'm just having a blonde moment)

Guess I'm just saying, 1/2 a day later, I'm asking for help thanks.

0 Likes
11 Replies

Tried them both, 64 bit... the hydra vision gave me an extra tab. Still can't adjust anything graphic wise. I tried this first... many, many times. Took off my laptop firewall, took off my modem firewall, blocked updates, etc. I read a ton of suggestions recommended to other laptop (manufacturers) users and tried almost all of them. I may have missed something but this suggestion is not one. Thanks

0 Likes

Your machine is an old Vista model, 1366x768 LCD is par for the period. The HD 3200 is entry level and drivers are on windows update for it.

As for any improvements outside the fact that Windows 7 is now at the end of the road you might want to install Windows 10 fresh as it has probably got all the drives you want on the ISO ready to go

You might want to get more RAM for the machine so you can better take advantage of 64-bit Windows

0 Likes

The only improvement, I need this laptop to do, is to run CCC in it's fullest. As I mentioned, I'm just OCD and like all my ducks in a row. I have other laptops for other things this one is just for chats and writing. It's not a big deal (UNLESS you're OCD lol).

0 Likes

I'm in the same boat! Tried to up date to Windows10 and it warned me that the graphics might no work.

0 Likes

HD 4000 series and earlier graphics cards do not meet the minimum requirements of Windows 10 as set by Microsoft.

0 Likes

Cool! Thanks much

0 Likes

black_zion wrote:

HD 4000 series and earlier graphics cards do not meet the minimum requirements of Windows 10 as set by Microsoft.

The HD 3200 is DX10 with 40 unified pipelines.

ATI Radeon HD 3200 IGP Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database 

0 Likes

That is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-615

I run Windows 10 on an old Lenovo T500 with HD 3650 graphics and it works fine for basic word processing and other business tasks

0 Likes

Downloaded ATI Driver software and Up dated to Windows 7 Ultimate and still can't open the driver update tab. I think i'm done!

0 Likes