Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

tswantek
Adept I

Radeon Driver Refresh Rate and Scaling Issues R9 290

Hello,

I'm having the same issue.  When Uninstalling the drivers in safe mode and booting back out of safe mode Microsoft drivers allow me to select 60 Hz @ 3840 x 2160.  When installing current AMD drivers AGAIN it only allows for a 30 Hz refresh rate!  I'm running a display port to HDMI adaptor that is active.  If I change back to just HDMI 2.0 it won't allow 60 Hz at this res.  I have had this working in the past with this setup.  I have recently sold my 5700xt to buy the elusive 6800xt but have had only succeeded in buying a 3080 which I have sold to a friend and have now resorted back to my old R9 290 for the interim.  

Also, the GPU scaling is broken, since my install, it has scaled my 4K TV to have a desktop that is slightly bigger than the screen cutting off a sliver on all sides.  I have tried reinstalling Windows and Drivers multiple times.  I feel that the driver is missing some configuration in the .ini files.  Why would the generic Microsoft driver allow me to have 60hz? Also, the resolution is not displaying accurately and will show up as 4096 x 2160 (Recommended) when it is a native res of 3840?

PLEASE FIX THIS AMD and RESTOCK YOUR DAM CARDS!  This was the worst AMD Launch in History you should have known, B.S.!

Tom Swantek

0 Replies