cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ulflun
Journeyman III

Radeon 7750 Eyefinity 6M (6x MiniDP) with six HDMI monitors? Possible?

Hi everyone!

I think I might have ran into a wall here. I have six consumer TV's with HDMI ports I would like to connect to my Radeon HD 7750 EYE 6 card with six mini-DisplayPort outputs.

I realized the card only works with two displays (miniDP>HDMI) with passive adapters. Further it needs active (DPP+/Eyeinfinity) adapters. My problem: According to AMD support it says it only have support for two active adapters: "Maximum two active adapters supported. See www.amd.com/eyefinityfaq for full details.".

Since the TV:s do not have DVI or DisplayPort (MST support) - is it somehow possible to get all six TV:s working with my card?

The motherboard is a ITX ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac with a integrated HDMI-port, I don't have a second PCI-Express port. And I don't think my Socket 1150 Pentium G3000-series has integrated graphics, Im willing to upgrade the cpu if needed.

Can I somehow find equipment to go miniDP>DP (MST /1.2) and then convert it to HDMI? Any ideas? HDMI Matrix? The TV:s support 4K but I'm happy with 1080p. I need the displays to be in extended mode.

Any ideas? Or should I start over... what is the most affordable choice? DisplayLink USB 3.0 adapters? I found this: "Products like the Asus HD 7970 DirectCU II or ATI FirePro™ V9800 support up to 6 displays without any need for DisplayPort 1.2-compatible hubs or monitors. These manufacturers have designed unique solutions with additional DisplayPort outputs, which obviate the need for such equipment. " https://support.amd.com/en-us/search/faq/12

Best regards

0 Likes
4 Replies
yowelkis
Journeyman III

Hi, ulflun‌ Do you found a solution for this problem ?, i am in the same hole like you now, with this card, and really need help.

0 Likes

I too am looking for a solution to this problem, however in my case I can only get one display working. Have either of you found a solution? I have all Active adapters going to VGA. My monitors are all VGA but one.

0 Likes

Hi EdwinB,

I am not familiar with the 7750 card , but I had an issue with my 6700XT with dual monitors connected via DisplayPort, only one monitor would work at a time, the 2nd monitor would not detect any signal and go into standby mode.

Now I did manage to address this eventually and this *may* or *may not* help you,  I only offer it on the chance it may help you. 

- Go into the Adrenalin Driver settings
- Go to the Display TAB
- On the far right find and click on the "Enable Clone" option. 

With luck your other display will work. If it does then at this point you can go into Windows Display Settings and change the setting from duplicate to extend or whatever you want. 

Best of luck,

Craig

0 Likes

Hello Craig,

Unfortunately that didn't work for me, but thanks alot for offering the information and help.

Ed

0 Likes