Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

beastic
Journeyman III

RADEON 7 VERY HIGH STOCK TEMP

Hi,

my Radeon VII have extremly high stock temperatures.

Stock core voltage is 1083mV so it shouldn't be so bad, but still I cannot undervolt without stability issues.

When testing on DMC5 for about 1h (only title screen) peak junction temp reaches 115 C, and avarage is about 108 C. 

In this state my card is unbearable loud and entire system is hot as hell.

I have new build with fresh system, on threadripper 1920x and Asrock Taichi MB.

I have 360 aio on CPU and very strong air flow inside my case ( 2x blow 120mm) so there is no option that could be the reason of too much heat on GPU.

I've read about max junction temp before soft cut off is 118 C -  it means that my VII is pretty close.

I imagine that in hot summer I will reach this temp without a problem.

What Can I do? Can I request replacement  even if the card on stock setting is stable ( if you can call it stable on such temp:o) I know that RVII could be a great card when undervolted and tuned gently, but in my case is the worst scenario and I cant say that I am happy with my purchase.

0 Likes
1 Reply
qwixt
Forerunner

If airflow is as good as you say, then the TIM might be poorly applied. If within return window still, I would return it. If it was me, I would watch the gamers nexus youtube video on disassembly, and reapply TIM myself, but I have done such things before. Quite a few annoying little screws on the VII if I remember the video right. You have to know what you are doing and be prepared for the worst when you do things like that yourself.

0 Likes