Radeon 7 OC won't hold in game.

Good day,

System specs,

Cpu: ryzen 2700x

Mobo: rog crosshair 7

Ram: 32 gb ddr4 3200 corsair

Hd: Samsung ssd

Gpu: Radeon vii

I am having an issue since I installed the 20.12.1 driver for cyberpunk 2077. My card down clocks to 800 mhz when I enter any game not just cyberpunk. The only way I can get it to run faster is to use the default settings and it runs at 1600 to 1750mhz. I tried rolling back the drivers, and it is still happening. I did a ddu wipe, and also tried the AMD cleanup utility. I have also tried setting the fan to 100%, I read that on another forum, and it worked for some, but not me. Does anyone have a suggestion? I know I could always remove everything and just install the base drivers and use afterburner to OC, but that will be my last resort. 

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies

Likely it is a bug in the driver, you should report it to AMD:

In Radeon Settings there is a Bug Report tool too you can submit the issue or

You can contact AMD support here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Good Luck!

Thanks, I'll do that. 

@pokester wrote:

Likely it is a bug in the driver, you should report it to AMD:

In Radeon Settings there is a Bug Report tool too you can submit the issue or

You can contact AMD support here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Good Luck!

0 Likes

I found a temp. Solution if anyone else is having the same issue. What you do it open your game, load your save file, who your are in game open the radeon overlay by using alt+r. Navigate to performance tab, then tuning, then set your clocks, voltages, fan control ect. You will notice that once you hit accept nothing happens. Save the profile, then load it. It should start to work. Downside is you will have to load the profile every time you load a game using the in game overlay.

0 Likes