cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Radeon 7 and Corsair 750W power supply boot problem?

I build my first PC and am having a problem with my boot power up right after I turn on the power supply (either from the back switch or directly plugin it in).The system will power on for 2 seconds, will shut down immediately for 3 seconds, and then power up and boot up normally. After, the computer will stay on with no problem. Also, if the system is restarted or shut down and booted immediately, it starts up without power interruption. I am let to believe the power supply is faulty, specifically the capacitors are not holding up. 

Any additional information or experiences in resolving this will be appreciated.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Power on, shut off, and power back on automatically is typically what is seen with a "smart" BIOS, such as ASUS Crash Free BIOS, which resets to fail safe settings when an incompatibility is detected in settings. Is possible it's the PSU though, what's the model? Corsair has a number of 750w PSUs from the budget to the high end.

0 Likes

Hi, thank you for responding. I have a TX - 750 M  semi modular power supply. I just talked to Corsair tech support, and they suggested that the motherboard is shortening out. Would that also cause the reset?

Also, someone at the corsair site said this "What you are describing sounds more like the memory tests that can happen on Ryzen boards with the initial boot." Why would this be happening?

0 Likes

That's what I said in my post

Power on, shut off, and power back on automatically is typically what is seen with a "smart" BIOS, such as ASUS Crash Free BIOS, which resets to fail safe settings when an incompatibility is detected in settings.

I doubt it's the motherboard shorting out, else it wouldn't only happen on a cold boot, and it wouldn't restart, a short out triggers a safety shutdown. Do you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard?

There have been reports of Vega cards being incompatible with some SeaSonic power supplies SeaSonic Focus PSUs manufactured before 2018 incompatible with Vega 56/64‌ due to their crazy power consumption, and Corsair does use SeaSonic as a manufacturer for some of their units, but I haven't seen anything about Vega VII.

0 Likes

Hi, I think I figured it out. Had my SSD M.2 PCIe 3x2 pluged in the M.2 PCIe 3x4 slot and it was causing a memory problem. Two reasons i did that: I didn't think it will cause a problem and plugin it in into the M.2 PCIe 3x2 slot will cause  a problem for the my LAN card, which is plugged in the PCIe 1_3, and asus x470-pro shares clockspeeds between the two slots. And this is causing problems now, since my LAN card stopped working.

Will try to move the LAN card to PCIe 1_2 slot, but that brings it vary close to the Radeon 7 card. Best case scenario, blocks half of one of the fans from intake, worst case is that it doesn't fit, because the Radeon 7 is so tall and have to look for other LAN options.

Anyways, the computer boots properly now. Thank you for the help and steering me in the proper direction. Will continue working on later today.

0 Likes