cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

vlad_8011
Adept III

Radeon 6800 XT Coil whine after reaching 100W power usage

Its my fourth Radeon, aand second with that issue. Do i need to RMA it, or there is any trick? 

So from begin.
Ryzen 5800X, B550 Tomahawk, XFX Speedster MERC 319 6800 XT, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum.

GPU is brand new, i got 14 days to return it or i may RMA it, i'm really happy for this card, its run extremly cool and quiet, but coil whine.... its strange to me how it behaves. I use older WHQL drivers (22.1.2), as newest WHQL was making all my Windows animations slower and laggy, i even reinstalled Windows yesterday - Win 10 Pro. 

So for example in my only games installed for test it looks like this;
Limited FPS to 60 (ITS ONLY 60), turning everything on ultra, 2560 x 1440 WITH DXR Reflections, and once game load world its starting to whining. Its super loud. 

BUT i turned on GPU info on screen in radeon settings and find one strange thing. I can hit ESC few times to get into quick menu, then back to game, and power draw, when i'm back to game is sometimes 95W, sometimes 145W. When its 95W (it stick to some limit? i use default settings in radeon software) its quiet - it have some whine, but very quiet. When its 145W i cant be in same room beacuse of noise. I left my PC running FC6 with that coil whine for 5 hours, but noise didint decreased.

Please, give me some advice, i live in Poland, and not sure how RMA of XFX looks here, i really wanted this concrete card as its most quiet and cool. 

0 Likes
37 Replies