Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mrcastbound
Journeyman III

Radeon 5700xt Nitro+ extremely hot

Hello everyone.

I have recently bought a brand new PC and after the assembly my GPU runs extremely hot. I am talking 100+ degrees hot.

I tried to even adjust the fans to the absolute max, but it didn't seem to matter at all. Every now and then I even experience a system crash (black screen & reboot) without any particular pattern.

Initially I had the 8GB Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 Aktiv , but I sent it back because of the exact same issue, and I thought Nitro+ would fix this.

Apparently I was wrong.

My full setup
- AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
- Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+
- 512GB Samsung 970 Pro
- 850 Watt Corsair TX-M Series TX850M Modular 80+ Gold
- 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO weiß DDR4-3200
- Corsair Hydro Series H100i RGB PLATINUM SE White
- MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS AMD X570
- Corsair iCUE 465X RGB Midi-Tower ATX

I live in in Germany, temperature should be around 20, if anyone is wondering about the ambient temperature.

1586556224445.png

Above is the picture of the current situation. There are 5 fans in total. 3 in the front, 1 at the back and 1 at the top.
There is space for one more at the top as an exhaust, but that's about it.

I doubt it's a problem with airflow, because I tried to completely open the case to see if there is any difference in temperatures. It did not help at all, maybe a degree or two.

I absolutely have no clue why it is running so hot :(

Is it possible there is a bad batch of Sapphire cards floating around?

Help, please.

0 Likes
5 Replies
fajrifauzan
Adept I

My opinion, the hardware is broken.. you must claim it to fix it.. My Sapphire RX 5700 XT temprature around 81 - 86 C.. but still have overheating issue and keep crashing it..

that's major issue with AMD 5700 series right now.. overheating issue, rendering issue, and driver issue..

Thanks for the reply.

I wonder how it can pass so long since the release but drivers are still that bad...

I never in my life owned Nvidia but I just might after returning this one. Once is bad luck, 2x in a row is just bad.

With the undervolting I managed to get half decent temperatures but I shouldn't be forced to do that I guess.

0 Likes

I have same idea with you, want to claim it and just sell it after claim the warranty..

AMD have decent product in CPU but not in their GPU.. maybe it's the last time i'll using Radeon again.

0 Likes

core temp or juction temp ?

0 Likes
Adfer1984
Journeyman III

Hi dude, sorry to bother you but I have the same issue... you fix it? Or you have to return the Graphic Card?, this **bleep** is so bad cause the performance of the card is really good, but I only can use it 20 minutes before it crash, or I have to undervolt and that help and I can play a lot but lost a lot of performance of the card

0 Likes