cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Restachio_
Journeyman III

Radeon 5700xt crashing

So i have the Amd radeon 5700xt o8gb and everytime i change my monitor from 144hz to 240hz the graphics card crashes in 5-10 minutes. it happens whenever im playing rainbow six. and when everything is closed it just starts heating up and the fans go wild.

I have an intel 9700k cpu and 32gb ram

adrenaline 20.11.3

is it a problem from my side? or s it the graphics card misfunctioning? 

0 Likes
3 Replies
goosethesecond
Adept III

@Restachio_ wrote:

So i have the Amd radeon 5700xt o8gb and everytime i change my monitor from 144hz to 240hz the graphics card crashes in 5-10 minutes. it happens whenever im playing rainbow six. and when everything is closed it just starts heating up and the fans go wild.

I have an intel 9700k cpu and 32gb ram

adrenaline 20.11.3

is it a problem from my side? or s it the graphics card misfunctioning? 

Please refer to my post here: https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/rx-5700-xt-bad-perfomance-in-games/m-p/430837/highlight/true#M...

I answered someone on their 5700XT also causing issues and I'd like you to try the list of instructions I provided for the other user and then get back to me here about whether that fixed it or not. 

Also real quick, are you using FreeSync by chance? If so, try turning it off and then try the 240Hz option again in R6.

One more thing I forgot to ask but are you using a new and high-quality DisplayPort cable for your 240Hz monitor? If not, get one!

0 Likes

thank you for the suggestions, i will try them and yes i am using a display port that came with my monitor i will also try disabling free sync to see how it goes.

thank you for the help!

0 Likes

@Restachio_ wrote:

thank you for the suggestions, i will try them and yes i am using a display port that came with my monitor i will also try disabling free sync to see how it goes.

thank you for the help!

You're welcome I can't wait to hear how it all goes! 

I ended up turning FreeSync off on my 144Hz monitor cause it causes brightness flickering issues randomly in some games. And honestly I don't really like adaptive sync, I prefer to just have it always on a constant 144Hz setting and having my games reach the maximum FPS they can, just my preference. But FreeSync can sometimes cause random issues which is why I'm having you try that as well. 

0 Likes