cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Bisqut
Journeyman III

Radeon 5700XT 50th anniversary edition Driver time outs

Hey, so recently I've gotten a AMD Radeon RX 5700XT 50th Anniversary Gpu of my friend whom I've known for a while
at first since we were good friends he gave it to me for £100 and I plugged it into my pc and tried certain games
Call of duty cold war, Resident Evil Village, COD Warzone because those games are somewhat intensive and my old card
the Nvidia GTX 970 could never run them and I would experience driver time outs and with some other games
my Gpu will get really hot and fully turn off my pc which can only be described as my monitor
going to black then switching from HDMI to analogue I really want to figure out how to fix this

P.S my friend has offered to give my money back or pay for a card when the prices are more down

Here's the list of stuff I have tried

Reinstalling Windows x2 (Wiping all data)

Different Fan configurations in the amd software to accommodate for its single fan

Completely reinstalling drivers and removing NVidia drivers with DDU

My Specs are:

Gpu: AMD Radeon RX 5700XT 50th Anniversary Gpu

cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

ram: 16gbs ddr4 2400mhz vengence

mobo: gigabyte b450m d3sh

0 Likes
1 Reply
PocketDerg
Adept II

Your PC should not crash, but the card is "meant" to get really hot, peaking at 90°C.
It's really hot where I live, yet it never did that to me.
I have a few "tips" for you.
Find out for how long your friend had the card, and if it is since launch, then you're gonna have to get a thermal pad for it as it may be causing the card to get hotter than "normal", and replace the old one, however this voids all warranty and I'm not responsible for it if it breaks.
If this is the issue, you'll have to go the safer way, which is undervolting.
I have the same exact card, so here is my config, tho keep in mind it is 35°C where I live, so things are a bit low.
Give it a try and see what happens.

Left side

GPU Tuning: Enabled
Advanced Control: Enabled
Fine Tuning Controls: Enabled

P1: Frequency 800 Voltage 750
P2: Frequency 1389 Voltage 803
P3: Frequency 1980 Voltage 1118

VRAM Tuning: Enabled
Max Frequency: 1800Mhz

Right side

Fan Tuning: Enabled
Set it to lowest till ~57°C, and curve it up.
Fine Tuning Controls: Disabled

Power Tuning: Enabled
Power Limit: -15%

radeonpog gaming
0 Likes