cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Robertm305
Adept I

radeon 5700 xt not working with my tv

radeon 5700 xt not working with my tv. i have a linux bootable distro. when i load linux i connect the tv and it works fine not sure if its windows or the new adrenaline software has anyone else had this issue?

0 Likes
9 Replies
Robertm305
Adept I

forgot to add that the tv works fine when i wireless cast display in windows but when i connect the hdmi it doesnt show anything 

0 Likes

Most likely you need to configure your TV in Windows Settings - Display if you TV is a second display.

What does Windows Settings - Display show when you connect the TV?

Also make sure you configure the TV to get PC input from your GPU card from your TV Settings Menu.

0 Likes

I was having these problems until this morning aprox 10h ago.

I was able to make my system stable by clearing all gpu drivers with ddu and then reinstall them through amds website with the latest driver.

I proceeded to update my mb(b450-f) bios and installing the latest chipset drivers for amd, after that I went into bios and switched my PCIe to gen3 from auto.

So far no crashes and im happily gaming

Robertm305
Adept I

ok so i decided not to use the tv and just settle for my computer screen way to complicated to get it to work   i today updated to the newest version of adrenaline  i have notice a new issue  that my video card doesnt let me change my resolution any higher then 1080p as apposed to before i could go higher in resolution and higher even fps up to 120fps now it just stays at 50 or 60 refresh rate.  it seems to me like these updates are just making  the cards worse. please help with this issue and if posible would like to roll back to original drivers or best version for my 5700xt card i dont care about the new features i just want the card to work with the best posible settings like before i used to be able to game on my tv screen or pc screen whatever i chose  i spent $460.00 on my 5700xt card and im getting a $50.00 videocard service. with thesee updates

What monitor are you using? What type of cable are you using from the GPU to the monitor? 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

Original cables already tested them they are fine. I need the older drivers from like 2 years ago or a year ago. My setup hasn't changed at all there shouldn't be an issue like this.  

0 Likes

still no reply why cant i go back to 4k settings with my Radeon i used to be able to go that hi

0 Likes

What make & model monitor, what driver version?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

i have the most recent driver . now i cant even raise the resolution im stuck at 1080p 60herts im running 5700xt8gb video card 32gb of ram and AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz

0 Likes