cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

akif10
Journeyman III

Radeon 5500 xt gaming x amdkmdag and atikmpag error !!

Hi everyone, My video card is MSI Radeon RX 5500 XT Gaming X 8GB. I bought it about 1 month ago.
From the day I bought it, while watching the video, it gives atikmpag.sys error on the blue screen and then my computer was resetting itself. In the last 1 week, in addition, I started to get amdkmdag error on the blue screen while playing or after the game and it also freezes for a while after the error and my computer is resetting itself. The last update was of no use!

0 Likes
6 Replies
arsen
Journeyman III

Having the same issue amdkmdag.sys in the last driver update (20.5.1) but atikmpag.sys is not occurring  

0 Likes

Hi my friend,

I installed version 20.2.1 and I haven't received any errors in about 1 week.

This version may also be useful for you.

0 Likes

What monitor and connection are you using? Is it a high refresh rate one or is it connected via DisplayPort?

I was having the same issues and switched to HDMI, and haven't had a crash since on the 20.5.1 drivers. I'm wondering if DP drivers have some problems that could be looked at.

0 Likes

I messaged Gigabyte and found out that my problem was related to the vga bios not drivers. Since I have installed the right bios problem did not occurred 

0 Likes

Dude, please help me, I have the same problem since one month. How I can contact Gigabyte? Gigabyte is the brand of your video board or motherboard? My motherboard is Gigabyte. 

0 Likes

What is your graphics card model?

0 Likes