cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

samwisegamgee98
Journeyman III

Radeon 540 Driver Timeout Issues

I have a Radeon 540 with an i5-8205U. I keep getting an error message that says 'we detected a driver timeout has occurred on your system'. Usually when this pops up, whatever game I'm playing crashes. If I'm on a browser or any other program, it freezes for a couple of seconds. Sometimes the audio continues playing in the background.
I ran the systems file checker which said that some files had been repaired, but even after that when I ran 3dMark the error message popped up again.

2 Replies
Vardy9
Journeyman III

Hey samwisegamgee98!

I have a laptop with the Radeon 540 and had similar problems of driver crashes while playing games like Overwatch and Valorant. I formatted both my c drive and d drive after 2 years of using my laptop which made it possible for me to play again. But still having little crashes once in while, possibly for the laptop being open for long amount of hours. I have tried literally everything past the format from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. installing only drivers without software. 

Or if you can't format the C: and disk drive. Try downloading previous drivers of the GPU especially the ones that came with the laptop, as some of the new updates may be harmful to the system which differs from one laptop company to another.

Good luck, and respond to me if any results happen.

0 Likes

Hi, I have Lenovo ideapad 330S with AMD GPU 540 and intel i5-8205U processor. The laptop came with the windows 10 pre-installed but I have installed windows 11 later in it. Also my GPU drivers are up to date (as of now it is Adrenalin 22.11.2 Recommended ) for windows 11 . I am updating drivers from their official website. 

But the driver keeps on crashing while playing valorant or fortnite. How to fix this ??

0 Likes