cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ijasir
Journeyman III

Radeon 530 causes page fault in non paged area error while installation(atikmdag.sys)

After a sudden crash (BSoD) during gaming srttrail.txt error was shown and then I clean Installed Windows 10 using a windows media creation tool and then updated Lenovo recommended drivers(Lenovo ideapad 320). My intel 620 GPU is successfully installed and running while AMD is throwing atikmdag.sys error while display driver installation.

And in device manager the device was shown as Video Controller with a hazard logo after many failed attempts to installation I booted in safe mode and from device manager browsed for updates in pc and updated the driver but my laptop won't restart. Shows black screen and goes to Automatic repair and diagnosis and after the loop being failed it again shows srttrail error.

Back in safe mode after disabling the device I am able to boot back normally. But when enabled the system crashes(BSoD) with error: Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area and atikmdag.sys is also mentioned. (And as above the automatic repair loop also starts)

I tried this with the latest Windows 10 and also windows 10 19h1(November Update). I tried updating using amd autodetect and also by downloading the latest driver from amd by selecting device. And these installation softwares don't detect the device in safe mode. I also tried clean installation with DDU and amd cleanup utility. 

Rightnow the driver is installed while I was in safe mode, neither can I use the device nor open AMD Radeon Setting App, What can be done now? I'm out of options also, I've cleaned my RAM(as I've read page fault is caused due to ram/hdd), did sfc /scannow(no integrity violations) 

I would really appreciate a help,

Thanks

4 Replies
mohamed-nabil
Journeyman III

I also have this problem 

0 Likes
njeimi
Journeyman III

the same here help plz

0 Likes
bluejeans117
Journeyman III

I have had the same issue for a while now.. any suggestions if you've managed to fix it?

0 Likes
bioginz
Journeyman III

...just wondering if there is ANY progress on this issue as of this writing?... AMD seems to be not interested in providing a resolution for this...  

0 Likes