cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

neoanto
Adept I

Radeon 520 overheating

Hello. In 2018 i got a new laptop with a Radeon 520 and has been working fine in casual games like CS:GO. Last summer i reinstalled my Windows and I saw that sometimes in more demanding games, the fps just dropped a lot for around 10-20 seconds, but I thought it was normal and I didn't give it any importance. Now, I started playing CS:GO again, and the same thing happened here. I made some research and I found out that the GPU was overheating. It gets to 90 degrees very fast, after about 5 minutes of playing, but a year ago when I played CS:GO, that never happened. The laptop doesn't get very hot, it doesn't burn my hand or anything, and the CPU temperatures are ok, only the GPU gets very hot, and I don't know why. I don't recall this happening before I reinstalled my Windows. Could it be a software problem? Any reply would help me, thanks! 

5 Replies
neoanto
Adept I

If it helps, the laptop is a HP 250 G6, i5-7200U, 4GB RAM

0 Likes

HP support should be able to help you figure out if it is a hardware issue like a bad fan, chip etc. If this happened after a driver upgrade then roll back to a driver that worked. If you are using a driver from AMD and not your laptops maker HP, then get the latest driver from them and try it. Many laptops have custom cooling solutions that AMD's drivers don't account for, they can't as they have no idea of what HP did with their laptop and that can include custom cooling settings. I would run DDU from wagnardsoft_com, this will give the driver a clean slate and load the most recent driver from HP and see what happens. If it still is not working then talk to HP support. 

Good Luck!

neoanto
Adept I

Thank you so much for the advice! I reinstalled the driver but unfortunately it didn't fix my problem. I will talk to HP support.

0 Likes

Hey, did you contact the HP support and got your solution? If you did can you pls give some info. Thanks

0 Likes
Bertram
Journeyman III

I had same issue couple of months ago and for the solution i upgrade my PC and everything is fine now myloweslife 

0 Likes