cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

nikkomin
Journeyman III

R9 Fury Installation causing crashes

I'm hoping this is something simple that I may have just overlooked or not understood about the compatibility of the system components. Any help/ suggestions would be appreciated.

1. Describe your system:
  2. Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  3. Operating System
    • Windows 10 Home 64bit 10.0.17134 Build 17134
  4. Driver version installed
    • Adrenalin 18.5.1
  5. Display Devices Make and model, connection/adapter in use, resolution and refresh rate
    • Dell S2316M 23" 1920x1080 60hz
    • HDMI (gpu) to DVI (monitor) cable
  6. Motherboard + Bios Revision Make and model
    • MSI X470 GAMING PRO AM4
    • Bios Version 7B79v14
  7. CPU/APU Make and model number
    • AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
  8. Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Ultra - 1000 Watt X4 Special Edition Modular ATX 80 Plus Bronze
  9. RAM Amount of memory installed
    • Team Dark Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM 3200 (PC4 25600)
  10. Describe your issue:
    • Uninstalled my R9 380 to install a R9 Fury that was given to me by a friend. I'm having random crashes and the screen will sometimes freeze. I am able to play some games with it, even in high settings (HOTS); while other games, such as, quake champions will not load and sc2, vermintide 2, and fortnite all have artifacts and I'm assuming frame rate impacts.
    • The identifiable problem comes in when I try to run Cinebench (R15.038_RC184115), I'm getting an OpenGL reference match failure (photo attached).
    • Whenrunning Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0 I notice blue flashing triangles that stretch out in the distance (blue artifacts?) Screen shots can be taken if needed.
    • When I tried updating to Adrenalin 18.8.2 optional, the crashing is way more frequent and Cinebench will crash the computer when trying to open.
    • It is to be noted before the system crashes (either completely and it reboots or the screen goes black and  comes back after a bit) the led lights on the GPU above where the power connections are, 7 of the 8 blue leds turn off leaving only the first one lit. Sometimes the system will crash (freeze and go black and come back) after loading into windows. Steam would crash when loading as well.
    • I've tried:
      • Using different cables for the PSU to the GPU
      • Switching the PCI-E slot that the GPU is in
      • Plugging the desktop directly into the outlet (seeing if the power strip was causing an issue)
      • Wiping out the drivers using both AMDcleanup utility and Display driver uninstaller (in safe mode) and reinstalled the AMD drivers in an attempt to remedy
      • Clearing out and reinstalling Visual studios C++ distribution packages
      • Plugging into another 1920x1080 60hz monitor with a straight hdmi to hdmi cable
      • did the items listed in Troubleshooting Common AMD Graphics Driver Installation Problems
      • I've done some effort in installing older drivers and CCC versus adrenaline that seems to help with stability, but all of the artifacts issues and incomapability with benchmarking software are still present.

Message was edited by: Nikko Miniello
Updated some text to reflect issues.

0 Likes
0 Replies