Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jpamdr9
Journeyman III

R9 390 Crashing, Flickering & Unusable

Afternoon Guys,

As of about 2 days ago, my graphics card seems to been having some problems.

When I start my computer up, everything loads as normal. I can login and have the screen on the home windows 7 screen without any issues.

As soon as I open a browser, or program about a few seconds to minutes in the screen will go black, start flickering and all colorful things happen (hard to explain) but I can no longer use or see the screen. If it helps, I can upload a video of the issue.

I was running the driver 18.6.1 however I downgraded to 18.5.1 and am still having the issues.

I also tried cleaning all the physical ports, cables of dust and plugged everything into different port however it hasn't solved the issue.

The card I am using is an Radeon R9 390 MSI - Overview for Radeon R9 390 GAMING 8G | Graphics card - The world leader in display performance | MSI...

I've never had any issues with the graphics before, the computer and card are not overclocked.

The card has never even really played any games, only used for business stuff (emails, internet, etc) with the occasional game of say fortnite, or WoW.

In safe mode the computer is working as normal, however when tried to run on standard boot I cannot use the computer.

If anyone has any tips or solutions to my problem it would be much appreciated.

15 Replies