Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

mbk1989
Challenger
Challenger

Re: R9 380X black screen

Interesting...I can play GTA V without any issues on 16.8.3 and its performance is better than 16.7.3 (up to 5 FPS difference). Btw, what do you mean by random crashes? Display driver crashes or game crashes or black screen? I don't have black screen on any driver after 16.7.3 (had bs on 16.7.2).

0 Kudos
shakyor_
Adept II
Adept II

Oh...should i try the new 16.9.1 or 16.8.3 :\

Sorry for english

0 Kudos
mbk1989
Challenger
Challenger

I would try 16.9.1 as it fixes many issues from 16.8.3. I will try it when I go home.

0 Kudos

Well I didn't get an instant BSOD like last time.  I'm on 16.9.1.  I'll post if I have any issues.

0 Kudos
mbk1989
Challenger
Challenger

Well, 16.9.1 seems like a solid driver. And power efficiency toggle is off by default which is very nice.

shakyor_
Adept II
Adept II

Still stable ?

0 Kudos

Fine so far but that doesn't say much for the complete randomness of the bug.  I've had it take a month before before the bug shown it self.

0 Kudos
kisushi
Adept I
Adept I

Eeveryone should install the driver version 15.7.1 since the 15.11 is crimson this all started with crimson.

RMA might not solve the problem since people here RMA twice and the problem persisted

YOU should do what is bellow:

First you should uninstall the driver, then use DDU and AMD Utility Cleaner.

Then install the previous driver manuallly in the device manager and use Sapphire Trixxx Utility and put, go to the fans settings and click fixed and put them to 100%.

The problem is happening i think is that Since Crimson drivers were introduced they didn't fixed a bug that is causing overheating on the GPU's, that bug is that they fans speed is my default at 20% power and it doesn't moves even when you play, causing it titco overheat and malfuntion.

Also try using Memtest to see if ram has any problems.

Use Furmark if you can stable your system to check is the GPU is fine.

0 Kudos
shakyor_
Adept II
Adept II

I'll try 16.9.2

0 Kudos
kidalex91
Adept I
Adept I

No, 16.7.2, 16.7.3, and 16.9.1 are all extremely stable. No need to go that far back.

0 Kudos