cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

mbk1989
Challenger

Re: R9 380X black screen

Hey! Is it good? I am very happy with 16.7.3 so I don't plan to go 16.8.1 unless it is better than 16.7.3.

0 Likes
killman88
Adept II

Any news about 16.8.1? im scared to try...

0 Likes
hexcodings
Adept I

Good luck! First time this has ever happened and that was after updating to 16.8.1.

Honestly I've had nothing but issues for the past like 2.5 months and I regret ever giving AMD the benefit for the doubt. Saving up for a 1060 at this point and might even put my 760 back in. I'd rather play with lower graphics than blue screen or green screen every 30 min. >.>

Capture.PNG

killman88
Adept II

which operating system have you installed?

0 Likes
hexcodings
Adept I

I'm on Windows 10. My card worked fine for about 2 months and then the horrible drivers started rolling out and I've had nothing but issues since.

killman88
Adept II

you have the anniversary update on win10?

0 Likes
hexcodings
Adept I

Yes I do but I was having issues before that update as well.

0 Likes
killman88
Adept II

I suppose you have used DDU before, right?

0 Likes
shakyor_
Adept II

amd external events utility

What is this?

If i disabled it, steam and origin started slowly..wtf

Sorry for english

0 Likes
chris_lix_
Journeyman III

Hi all,

Like tons of people here, I discovered yesterday that I am in the same boat. My card is an XFX R9 390. In fact, I didn't play in the last 3 month until yesterday. My games are : iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars and Battlefield 4.

Yesterday, I decided to jump in iRacing and got Blackscreen with a lost signal and a MUST FORCE REBOOT. I thought it was a rare crash and launch the game again... Here we go, 5 minutes later, same crash!! 1st thing I though was : my card is dead or I installed something new that enter in conflict with the game.

So I made some search and discovered this thread. I read those 30 pages and now I CAN'T BELIEVE the problem is still not corrected by AMD!

I updated to 16.8.2 but same problem.

This morning, I installed the W10 anniversary update, run DDU and reinstall 16.8.2 but same problem.

I read some solution in this thread that work soso (like TRD or Overdrive settings) but If I understand, the only solution for now is to roll back to 15.11.1 version to be safe! Wow this is crazy!

When you pay $400 for a graphic card, you expect a little more reliability in your games.

I truly hope we are close to a fix because this situation is unacceptable!

0 Likes