cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Adept III
Adept III

Re: R9 380X black screen

Hi guys. I feel exactly the same way as many of you do. I have an MSI R9-390 (8Gb) Gaming card which I've had for about eight months now. I am so fed up with not being able to enjoy playing my games without the anticipation that at any moment it's going to either freeze, black screen or just simply reboot my PC. I built my own PC so I am fairly tech savvy but these AMD Drivers are beginning to do my head in. I've spent more time troubleshooting over the months with uninstalling, reinstalling, using DDU, do this, tried that, did the other. It's ridiculous.

AMD staff hardly ever come on here to talk to us despite this being the official support pages.

I have now decided that hopefully, just before christmas, I'll have enough money to pay for a 'Green' card. Yes, I know the Greens have their issues too but nothing like AMD.

Most games are supported by Green and many games have the Green splash logo advert on it. When I go to the gaming forums, nearly everyone has a Green card. Seriously, nearly everyone!! AMD card users are in the gaming minority. So when I have gaming issues, none of them can really help me because they are mainly Green Users. There's no doubt that Green is much more popular than the Reds.

So that's it folks, my R9-390 will be coming out of my case to be replaced with a shiny new Green card. I'm defecting to join the masses of other Green card users.

Adept II
Adept II

With new drivers there are no more black screens, i have solid red screens now, and when i look at the minidump folder i find BSOD crash dumps. The "display drivers stopped and recovered successfully" crashes are never gone. Maybe i'll have some crashes with vertical lines on next drivers.

0 Kudos

i jumped to green team and i have my mental health back.i was having a r7 370 with huge problems since 15.12 beta and then.i never buy again anyone product from amd.its sucks

Adept II
Adept II

Guys could you try to disable Virtual Memory and check if the problem persists or not.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Look like I have fixed this issue. I sold my R9 380 yesterday and bought Green 1060, It least I can play games now without black screen, driver crash anticipation, downclocking and other AMD "Gaming" stuff. AMD, AMD never changes.

P.S. I will NEVER recommend AMD to my friends or everyone else, even for my enemies.

Adept III
Adept III

Yup,.me too. As soon as I have enough money to spare which won't be very long now, I'll be ditching my R9-390. I've had it now with AMD. If you go to the many gaming forums you will see that the vast majority of them use Green cards. Very rarely do you see anyone mention that they have a Red AMD card.

I'm really looking forward to placing a Green Card in my rig. That also means I will no longer be coming here on the AMD support pages. Thank goodness. Thanks for nothing AMD, I can't say it's been a pleasant experience but we must sever our relationship.

I know the Green company can have issues too from time to time but they're usually on the case very quickly and are nowhere near as bad as AMD are with their Drivers.

When I have trouble with my card and a particular game, I'll go to the forum regarding that game and explain my problems but I feel all alone because like I said, none of them can advise me because they're nearly all Green card users. Many times people have said to me, "why have you got an AMD?,..why not get a Geen card. I'm like,..yea,..I think I will now.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

I think converting the topic to a Nvidia vs. AMD discussions never helps anyone. Nvidia has problems too, and sometimes more severe than AMD. I had a lot of trouble with them and i had a lot of trouble with AMD. I use PCs for about 15 years and PCs always have been a serious headache.

I can't sell this card because it's probably faulty even the reseller doesn't accept it, i have to wait for a never-coming driver fix or AMD's admission the problem and recalling of these cards. I wasted my 7 months and i don't want to waste my money.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

All problems that i had are gone, my 380x works absolut flawless atm with 16.10.2 Oo

Adept II
Adept II

I'll try it, but i have no hope that it's gonna work. Which games do you play?

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

The Witcher3 ~90h, Dark Souls 3 ~200h, Skyrim SE ~60h, Crysis 3, Dead Space 3, Dishonored 2, The Division..... many Games, old and new