cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Adept II
Adept II

Re: R9 380X black screen

Crashed again with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED(The Video Card has been physically removed from the System, or a Driver upgrade for the Video Card has occured. )error message. Playing 3-4 hours total and getting 2 crashes.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Anyone on 16.9.2 randomly just have their monitor go black while browsing the internet or doing anything other then gaming, and the audio glitch out. This just happened to me with no blue screen or error code, but of course I had my motherboard post code to tell me that my gpu basically went stupid. Good ol' drivers, am I right guys? Also for whoever crash DS3 on 16.9.2, I'm having no trouble here so honestly not sure what to tell you.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

In the crash does your motherboard beep? Which code? My solid red screen and your beep codes prove that's exactly a hardware issue.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

I had tons of Mirror's Edge crashes that point toward GPU/GPU drivers at total 7-8 hours of gameplay. Full error message:

mirrors edge cat crash.jpg

Adept I
Adept I

This is really frustrating! From the 285 cards until the present cards all are experiencing the same problems. I've owned an r9 380 and its has been 1 year since i had it. Actually the one i have now is an RMAed one.  Owning this card is just like riding on a roller coaster ride. There are times you think its fixed then out of no where there comes the problem again. In each update, we've been too excited to try it. Expecting that that update would do miracles. That it would change our cursed GPU and turn it into the dream card we've been expecting to have in the first place. Digging deep in the net once in a while searching for the latest fix that would possibly change our card's fate. Fiddling with a lot of setting and sometimes ending up crashing the entire system. But the worse thing in a roller coaster ride is after all the drops, loops, and excitement you will still end up to the place where you 've started. Back to square one.

This seems to be hopeless guys! Too bad the card that we have given a lot of faith, is just a broken promise.

I wonder if this is really just a driver issue. It just seems to be more convinient for AMD to lead us in to thinking that it is only the drivers. So that we could just keep their cards plugged into our PC and just absurdly wait for the "FIX". What if, these problems are really from a design flaw in their chips/hardware design. And each driver update is just a brute force bit bashing to cover up and do a work around from these flaws. Just think about it, a driver update is much better that product recall. Or if its not the case, then the programmers are just too stubborn to scrap things out and begin with a new slate but rather decides to just patch things up and eventually creating another or rather more problems.

To be honest I have never finished a game with this card. And there is always this anticipation when I am playing. Anticipating when it will freeze.

Sorry if this post sounds too negative of out of topic. I just want to share my frustrations to the AMD guys that might be reading this thread. Its been a year now and this problem havent improved even a little bit. Now the 480's are also having signs of these problems.

Adept II
Adept II

I'm sure it's not a %100 driver issue. Maybe it's a design flaw or an incompatibility problem with some hardware. But what i don't understand is why it only effects us. These cards sold maybe over 1 million copies and if it's a design issue everyone should be effective. If these cards are incompatible with some hardware we shouldn't have different mobos/cpus/rams. We have a lot of different systems. And the weirdest thing is the people who RMAd and got a new card(same model) have the exact same problems.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

i gave up lol, after several months of confusion and frustration i have given up on your product, i wasted 350 dollars on an "upgrade" that rendered my gaming pc useless in just about every way, neither the shop i bought from or the manufacturer have upheld their warranty claims so its so-long from me , thanks for your support amd.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

I actually just doubt that AMD gives a s***.

The problem which is discussed here hasn't been mentioned under "known issues" in the driver patchnotes for ages. That's basically AMD saying that they don't even work on it. Don't work on it for over a year now. And it's not the 280 cards upwards or something. I'm running 7970 Matrix Platinum crossfire and it's the same as everyone else here in this topic.

BIOS Update and trying every possible setting, trying to disable ULPS (due to crossfire), tried this TDR-Delay or whatever it's called setting which just caused even more trouble. Now up to a complete format of my Drives, reinstalling Windows 8.1 with a directly following "clean" upgrade to Windows 10, and it's all still the same. FORMATING AND OS CHANGE DIDN'T CHANGE A SINGLE BIT!!!!!! Have tested  way over 10 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) different versions of Crimson already. The diference is just the detail of how all the driver-crashes show up, but they happen ALL THE TIME with EVERY CRIMSON VERSION UNTIL TODAY.

Yesterday I played Witcher 1 Enhanced Edition for hours without problems.....today I crashed about 10 times within 2-3 hours of gaming (or mostly testing....) with a short screen-freeze followed by the infamous black screen "no input" bug. Congratz AMD. But yeah.....first I thought you are just incredibly incompetent.....meanwhile I think you just don't give a **** as long as your revenue-numbers are fine. Which they seem to be unfortunately. I don't get it how anyone can still be convinced about staying with AMD in the future. Having driver issues? OK, happens. Green and red, both got that. But over this period of time? No. That's simply unacceptable and I don't know how people can even slightly think differently. For me this is done. As soon as my pocket allows me to, the change to green is set. I'm done with this, and I'm somebody who used AMD/ATI the entire life (except one NVIDIA card in a PC I got for free) I'm done with this bs. For over a year now, AMD doesn't even attempt to address this issue properly. This is just a huge rip off, nothing else.

Adept II
Adept II

We have to talk about this problem in the other forums/social media/communities more. There are many hardware websites/magazines and only PC Invasion mentioned about this issue. (Anandtech, WCCFTech, Guru3d, TechPowerUp... Each one of them are ignoring it)They made a lot of interviews with AMD personnel, and no one asked the question like "What about the stability problems of R9 380 Series Cards?". As far as i see it's not very common problem, but it doesn't give any right to AMD to ignore it. We have to stop only talking about it on here, we have to spread the news  to force them to fix or admit this is a hardware failure/some incompatibility problems with something.

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

we shouldn't have to go to a friggen social media page to get a decent driver lol, amd is a joke, i have had 3 amd gfx cards in the last 3 years and sadly all 3 amd cards died or are rendered unusable within a month due to hardware/driver instability and incompatibility, i even built a new pc (using their advice) to make sure i had all the parts i need and they are all listed to work together, still an issue, your card will not be fixed and if you buy a new card same thing happens, (480 same deal)

amd clearly doesn't want to focus on gaming at all anymore, they claim they do, but they dont.

so i wasted my money on an amd system, i cant use it for decent games, so i gave it to my daughter , surely a 2500 dollar amd based computer can play minecraft, nope,  my daughter was upset when it crashed on friggen minecraft lol.