Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Adept II
Adept II

Re: R9 380X black screen

First of all sorry for my english.

I buyed the card in april and i was waiting for a fix that never come. A week before i sended my card to RMA and the company returned my money. With that i buyed a 1060 G1 Gaming from Gigabyte and all problems gone. Do not misunderstand me i'm not a Nvidia fanboy i like AMD all my cards except the last one are from AMD but one year to fix a simple crash it's too much time. Maybe this card is defective and AMD can't fix this or they are focusing on 400 series, i don't know. My advice guys is that you may return the card and the company maybe return your money or maybe change it for another AMD or Nvidia card. The 300 series are broken.

This is my last post i wish you find a solution for this. Thanks for all your comments and your testings with new drivers i really appreciate this. Good luck.

There are two 15.11.1 drivers kisushi.  One is crimson, the other is cat.  You should go with the cat variant as it's what the AMD staff recommend for the people who still have the issue although the issue seems fixed according to myself and others.  If you're on an R9 285 (specifically) I'd recommend staying away from 16.7.2 as I had BSODs with that build but maybe that was just me.  (My DDU software may have been out of date at the time).  But all the latest builds seem fine and I recommend popping on the latest ones.  Make sure you DDU your current drivers.  I haven't had a single crash since the latest builds.  credoknight, the solution is installing the latest drivers if you read and or translate the latest posts.

I might end up selling this card for an upgrade at some point.  She's a nice card but I could use something better.

I feel people will be coming in here to blindly post about the issue without reading first.  An official statement from the staff would be helpful.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Did everything what you said still the problem persisted and even used the driver 15.7.1 and updated VBios

Thanks amd for wasted my money, wasting 200€ for nothing, because of your trash drivers.

Now i don't have Graphics Card, don't have money to buy a new one and i don't have any warranty as well.

Ther first graphics card i had was an GT6600 and then the GT430 and i have 0 problems, bought R9 270X thinking it would be a good deal and i didn't had money for more i was so wrong a really bad decision i made.

I know that Nvidia cards have the same problem as here but in their forums have less but away less people with this kind of problem.

My Nvidia cards that i bought before lasted longer than the one i have, 2 years i have this card and i'ts already broken.

I will change to nvidia for 2 reasons, i didn't have any problems graphics card and i had 2 graphics of them and the second is because of gameworks.

Thanks to everyone helping me and others to solve this issue.

You have a R9 270X?  Are you sure the problem is related to the issue in this thread?

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

no the problem is not related, i thought it was but it isn't i tried manually installing the drivers tried version 15.7.1, 15.11 and 16.9.1 and still i had this error (everytime this happens my pc freezes)

31c33d7b.jpg~original

There are a lot of varitions of color depending on the what i am doing in the screen, for example if i am watching a movie and there is blood all over the screen i get the screen like this but instead of the black lines i get white ones.

I also have searched and i think this issues is called GSOD  (Gray Screen of Death) a replacement of BSOD (Blue Screen of Death).

Also on restart i always get black green blank screen and freezes it everytime, and i have always to uninstall drivers using safe mode

Since i can't find the solution for this, i saw in one forum saying that this problem is related to CPU voltage, i will not mess it around since i don't want to get my CPU faulty as well.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

16.9.2 seems stable so far...

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Oh men, every single game stutter now!

Driver still stable but the stuttering...

0 Kudos

i do the same tink i am happy now with my gigabyte wf oc 1060

0 Kudos

i an happy to hear that

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Win10 clean install

All games stutter