cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

mbk1989
Challenger

Re: R9 380X black screen

Hey! I am using 16.8.3 for 3 days and i am happy with it. Performance is better than 16.7.3 and it is stable. Btw, since 16.7.3 there is no more black screen. Crashes continue (much less than previous drivers) but display drivers are recovered instead of black screen and you can continue to use your pc without hard reseting it. Hope this helps.

Edit: I returned back to 16.7.3 as 16.8.3 seems like crashes more than 16.7.3 unlike my previous comment.

0 Likes
shakyor_
Adept II

Oh noo

In which games crash 16.8.3?

Sorry for my english

0 Likes
mbk1989
Challenger

Mostly nba 2k16, other games are running fine on both 16.7.3 and 16.8.3. You can try it btw. To be honest, I am still not sure which one is better. I keep changing my drivers but 16.7.3 seems like more stable maybe because it is whql.

0 Likes
ggg
Elite

Fun thing but 16.7.2 more stable.

0 Likes
credoknight
Adept II

I'm tired of waiting whenever i can i will buy and Nvidia card. This situation is annoying. I payed for my 380X and i have crashes, frame drops, stuttering etc. One year and this problems persists. If i can i will never buy another AMD card.

look.i was have an r7 370 and i faced a tone of problems. since i bought a gtx 1060 and i found finally my utopia!! the card is perfect fast as it can faster than i thoght.NVIDIA card has problems too ofcaurse an some times serius ones and very crusial but with time all that problems are solved very quicly.here in amd i wait 11 months for a crusial problem to solved and i still waiting.nvidia has recently problem with gliches on ssaa depth setting or stoping fans or crushes like you.that is dont mean if you buy an nvidia card all the problems gone.some times iits developers fault not amd or nvidia .its a pc and very complicated thing there is no utopias in that section...sgfme

mbk1989
Challenger

Ok. After detailed benchmarks I am sticking with 16.8.3. Seems like crashes are related to the game not driver. You can install, its performance is much better than 16.7.3.

arek_
Adept II

I have random crashes on 16.8.3 for example in GTA V.  On 16.7.2 i played over 20 hours without any crashes, black screens etc. It's funny. People get pissed off and AMD released stable driver. After month everybody forgot about this issue and they started releasing faulty drivers again.

amdmattamdpete

shakyor_
Adept II

Thx! I'll try 16.8.3 tomorrow.

Can you run heaven/valley @extreme/ultra in fullscreen without a drivercrash?

And which os do you have?

If win10, with or without anniversary?

0 Likes
mbk1989
Challenger

I can run those tests without crashes. I am on Win 10 anniversay edition.

0 Likes