cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

mbk1989
Challenger

Re: R9 380X black screen

Yes. I can confirm that there is no more black screen. Only driver crash (I can use my computer without hard reset). And crashes are much less frequent than previous drivers. I wonder what they changed in this drivers.

I DDU'd my 15.11.1 drivers and installed 16.7.3.  If I have any issues on my R9 285, I'll pop a message here.  Nothing as of yet but it's only been a day.

0 Kudos
shakyor_
Adept II

Kidalex91

Have you try dark souls 3 with 16.7.3

0 Kudos

Well, just minutes ago, I recovered from a BSOD from just launching in to GTA V using 16.7.3.  Guess I'll head back to 15.11.1 drivers.

0 Kudos
kidalex91
Adept I

So last night AMD auto downloaded driver 16.7.3 and I bit the bullet and installed it. Now I can't access radeon settings because it gives this exact message: "The program can't start because Qt5Core.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem." When I look  up what driver I'm on in device manager it says 16.3.2 which is terrible because DS3 crashes constantly for me on that driver. Tried removing and reinstalling the driver with amdcleanup and auto detect utility and it still gives me the same message and same old driver. This is why I didn't want to upgrade from 16.7.2, crap like this. So, I'm back to not playing Dark Souls again, gonna keep trying to fix this problem TT. I'll give you an update when I have things working again.

0 Kudos
kidalex91
Adept I

Alright so I got things up and running again. Had to download the .exe for 16.7.2 rather then using the autodetectutility. Cleaned the drivers out again and then installed 16.7.2. Surprisingly it gave me 16.7.3 anyway, but not the WHQL version, not sure what's the difference and don't care. I'll be playing DS3 all day so I'll let you know how it goes

0 Kudos
ggg
Elite

My mom cant play a game Charm Solitaire with 16.7.3 driver

Game starts for a second, i can see error meassage started with word "Exception..." and game closes.

Roll back to 16.7.2

0 Kudos
kidalex91
Adept I

So I finally beat Dark Souls 3 and this was on driver 16.7.3(not the WHQL version). Surprisingly this driver got rid of 16.7.2s crash stutter and any instance of attempted crashing so most stable driver for me so far

0 Kudos
shakyor_
Adept II

Lets try 16.8.1

0 Kudos
arek_
Adept II

I'm scared, really

0 Kudos