cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

ggg
Elite

Re: R9 380X black screen

Maybe some ppl just do not block "windows update" and get old buggy driver again.

0 Kudos
hanway
Adept II

I highly doubt that, WU only installs other drivers, if it has newer ones. This shouldn't be the case with 16.x Crimson drivers.

0 Kudos
ggg
Elite

Who knows, but i have trouble with 16.5.2.

After hiding updates and 16.5.2.1 installed no troubles with my games except OpenGL.

0 Kudos
djsiegfried
Adept III

I just had a black screen with 16.5.2.1. I was playing CSGO while this black screen error suddenly appeared.

I'm starting to get really nervous. 5th black screen on this week and here is only wednesday....

Pls AMD fix this issue. Please.....

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

Windows update sees a driver that is not what it considers to be the latest/correct drivers for your card. It does not recognize "beta" drivers...it's always best to prevent Windows from automatically installing graphics drivers.

ggg
Elite

How long you play CS while you got black screen with 16.5.2.1?

I have CS and can play a bit for test but im sck so i dont wonna do it too long

0 Kudos
djsiegfried
Adept III

15 or 20 mins. I just configured the fps cap (because i had over 150 fps) to 60 and wanted to start a casual match and then... BS.

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

Playing a PC game (3D) with 2D applications running? Try disabling hardware acceleration. Your processor will have no problem running skype...etc. Every browser has the option.

0 Kudos
ggg
Elite

djsiegfried I hope i will not forgot and check tomorrow.

Btw now im thinking about motherboard bios versions and vendors, can it be a reason? we all have different MB and bios.

I have very old bios version, just checked updates on asus site and there are like10+ updates with "improved stability" and one with "better work for some PCIe device"

litrendil
Adept I

Graphic Card: Sapphire Nitro R9 380x

Uninstalled the 15.11 driver with DDU and trying 16.5.2 driver for 2 days.

Dark Souls 3, about one hour gameplay and no black screen/driver crash

Subnautica, about 3 hours gameplay, no black screen/driver crash

The Forest about 3 hours gameplay and no black screen/driver crash

I had issues with the 3 games i wrote before, now it looks they fix it. Still testing with other games.

0 Kudos