cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

mbk1989
Challenger

Re: R9 380X Black Screen

Yes. I am using 16.7.1 and it seems perfectly fine. I had one black screen in 3 days (2k16) and it is fixed when I change shader detail level to ultra. Now it works fine. Btw, 16.7.2 and 16.7.1 is the same. 16.7.2 only has hotfix for default settings.

0 Kudos
cowtown62
Adept III

ya no black screens or anything here. Just set my best benchmark in ashes at 52.7 almost up to 480 CF but not quite lol These drivers have been very stable. No longer to afraid to load new drivers lol. I think uninstalling with DDU not the uninstaller included in the driver update was what fixed mine honestly. I had seen people have issues for the longest time. Then all a sudden it was constant black screens every time i gamed no matter the driver. Been on it like 5 days i think now no problems multiple games. I was getting really frustrated if you guys read my post above i was close to selling both my cards and getting a 1070 lol Not so much anymore lol

0 Kudos
mbk1989
Challenger

Hey! Glad to hear that. So you are on 16.7.2 right? I get constant black screens on nba 2k16 mypark mode. I cannot solve it. So, you recommend uninstalling drivers directly with DDU without using uninstaller manager.

Edit: TdrDelay fix seems working for me. No crashes since then.

0 Kudos
teolicious
Adept II

i bought R9 380 in december.It was a big dissapointment.It worked perfectly the first 2 moths and later it started being problematic.Game freezes and black screens every 2-3 days.

I wasted 280$.

i suggest that you buy Nvidia

cowtown62
Adept III

uninstall with CCU and install the latest working fine for me.

0 Kudos
kincses
Journeyman III

Or install the driver that was working in december. That solved it for me.

Or RMA it, GPUs usually have at least 1 year warranty.

Or just stop being a payed shill, at least.

0 Kudos
arek_
Adept II

RMA won't help because every R9 380/380x have this problem. 15.11.1 - maybe this driver is solid - but it doesn't support new games and dx12. Every rational person would choose nvidia card next time.

kincses
Journeyman III

>because every R9 380/380x have this problem

So what? Warranty is still applicable if the shop/service reproduces the problem.

How about searching for a fix instead of repeating "buy nvidia" ? That does not help, you know.

0 Kudos
mbk1989
Challenger

Hey! For a year, there is still no fix and updates. They even don't answer my questions about black screen issues! They don't care about us!

speeder
Elite

The fix is buy nVidia, so it helps.

I also bought a 380X 2 months ago, and hated it.

The only reason I don't return it, is because I bought it from a physical store in another country (it wasn't popular enough in my own country for importers bother importing... I should have noticed that as a red flag and bought nVidia card, that here are available everywhere by the boatload).

0 Kudos