Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

kaycee
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

R9 380 Fans don't spin at all

Okay guys, I badly need your help. I've recently purchased a fresh R9 380 from sapphire tech but the thing is, the fans won't spin at all. I am very much aware of the IFC system or whatever, but the fans on my R9 380 just won't spin even on 90°C. The only time it spins is when the card gets abnormally hot like 90+° making a whirring sound louder than a vacuum. The driver i downloaded is crimson 16.3.2, but i've also tried the 16.4.1 hotfix(?) nothing seems to make it work. It's really weird because when i look at the overdrive setting, the fan speed rises as the temperature of the GPU rises but the actual fan does not spin. I've read a lot of the posts regarding fan issues but none of the solutions suggested seem adequate. Are there any fixes out there that i am not aware of?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kaycee
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: R9 380 Fans don't spin at all

Using Sapphire Trixx, I've just confirmed that the fan only spins at 100%. I really don't know what's going on.

0 Kudos
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

vaporx​ is our Sapphire rep on this forum, he can tell you if it needs a VBIOS update to correct an issue or if it needs to be RMAd.

0 Kudos
kaycee
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Oh i actually recognize him lol thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
spyrosreaper
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

So my graphic card was working fine and now the fans dont work only when i open my computer the spin a little bit but when it completely open they stop and with only google open it goes to 65 degrees if i open a game it goes more than 75 and then my computer crashes i tried everything anyone knows what i should do? 

0 Kudos