cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Lucasyurr
Journeyman III

R9 380 Fan Won't Spin

One of my GPU Fans wont spin but the other can spin all it wants and it's causing problems to gameplay and such like crashing and when the GPU is stressed It starts going up to 3000 RPM. I have checked that everything is plugged in and when I turn on the computer one of the fans spins easily but the other one doesn't even start. I have a 600 WAT Power supply which is plenty for it to even start spinning but I don't know  whats going on. Please help me. Thank you.

3 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

What variant is the GPU?

Have you tried giving the fan a light tap (while your computer is off) and making sure it's plugged in?

0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

It might be worth the trouble to remove and re-insert the video card into the same PCIe socket.  If there is a second PCIe socket on the motherboard, give that one a try too.  Otherwise, it sounds like a defective fan on the GPU.  Sometimes you can add another fan to blow air across the motherboard (and onto the GPU) to provide more airflow or even take the side of the case off temporarily until you can fix the fan issue.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

My GPU Is a R9 380 series with 16 gigabytes and yes I did that, I honestly think its just broken at this point because when I turn on the computer one fan starts perfectly and the other doesn't even move. Also, every time I play a high graphic game like Destiny 2 the GPU starts going 3000+ rpm and goes up to 90C and the thing is loud as hell when it does it.

0 Likes