cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

mrpro
Journeyman III

R9 290x screen goes black while fans/LEDs/cpu pump are still running?

So I have been have this problem where I will be browsing the web or listening to music and the screen will suddenly go black (not off). This does not happen when in a full screen game ever. When I hit the space bar to pause the music once the screen has gone black it doesn't pause it. Ive been looking  one tomshardware for a solution, as this seems to be a fairly common problem with AMD R9 series graphics cards on the site, but cannot find one anywhere. Has anyone had a similar problem/know to to resolve it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan

Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
dosequis117
Journeyman III

Re: R9 290x screen goes black while fans/LEDs/cpu pump are still running?

Does the music sounds like its stuttering? does it loop whenever the screen goes black? And you said this doesn't happen while you game?

I have the same issue with my 290X, however it seems to happen mostly when I game. Try checking the voltage going into the card, your bios might be setting it to an area lower than required. Also check for new drivers etc. etc.

Also, Has it been overclocked? Maybe we can work this one out together xD

0 Likes
metalkarl
Journeyman III

Re: R9 290x screen goes black while fans/LEDs/cpu pump are still running?

i have the EXACT same issue as you have, i have no idea what is causing this error.

though i inspected my temperatures with a programm while playing a pretty recource intense game and my GPU got to 80 C ans CPU to 73.8 C which is quite high.

it happens only ingame too, and only when there are a lot of particles or something else.

private message me please, so we can work this out over steam or something else

0 Likes