cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

nesttek
Journeyman III

r9 280X FAN torque doesn't raise (85-90с)

Good afternoon!

I will forgive at you to the help:

There is his 280x, a problem that since recent time it began to be heated wildly т.к fans higher than 20% have ceased to increase turns, I reinstalled drivers (I cleaned by means of DDU), put both old versions, and new (to a crimson), to the video rearranged in other slot of pciex,

I cleaned contacts of the gate and it was loaded from the second Bios (on the is),

I deleted msi afterburner, but still, nothing has helped.

Temperature after start of massive 3D games or benchy at once about 85-90, and gates and turn for 20% (though everything I unscrewed a romper suit on 100, but the tachometer shows the same turns).

Unfortunately I have definitely not noticed with what time all this has begun

Рус :

Добрый день!

Прощу у Вас помощи:

Имеется his 280x ,проблема в том ,что с недавнего времени стала дико греться т.к вентиляторы перестали увеличивать обороты выше 20% , переустанавливал драйвера (чистил с помощью DDU) ,ставил и старые версии ,и новые(до кримсона) ,видюху переставлял в другой слот pciex ,

чистил контакты вентиля и загружался со второго биоса(на видюхе есть),

удалял msi afterburner , но всё так же, ничего не помогло.

Температура после запуска массивных 3д игр или бенчей сразу около 85-90 ,а вентили так и крутятся на 20% (хотя ползунки все выкручивал на 100, но тахометр показывает те же самые обороты).

К сожалению я точно не заметил с какого времени это всё началось :(

0 Kudos
5 Replies
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: r9 280X FAN torque doesn't raise (85-90с)

Have you tried updating to Crimson 16.4.2?

0 Kudos
nesttek
Journeyman III

Yes, and I have reinstal the driver to a newer and older versions ( with the help DDU)

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you using any third party software to control fan speeds? We have not had any further reports of fan speed issues with 16.4.2 drivers and that issue has been resolved.

I would try manually increasing the fan speed using overdrive.

0 Kudos
nesttek
Journeyman III

Used MSI Afterburner, cooler twisted by 100 % , but the tachometer showed the same 1300 the rpm , using overdrive - did not help , and the whole cleaning windows

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

You are unable to change the fan speed on your GPU?

Does using an older driver allow fan speed control?

The tachometer reading in MSI Afterburner could be giving an incorrect reading. Can you physically check to see if the fan speed increases and decreases?

0 Kudos