cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

2001melek
Journeyman III

r9 270x black screen error

When I do not install the graphics card driver, my computer is turned on, when I install the driver, it stays on a black screen and the computer does not turn on.

0 Likes
1 Solution
caleb_cruze
Adept II

A black screen error is often caused by a software glitch. This most frequently occurs when dealing with a program that takes over your entire screen. Typical culprits are PC games, or media players running in full-screen mode.

In these instances, the computer should otherwise appear to run well. Diagnosis should be easy to reproduce. Simply launch the program for a game or media player, and view it in full-screen mode.

Solving the problem, however, can be difficult; if the bug lies in the software, there may be no solution. You can try fixing it by running the program at a different resolution.

Also, try running the software as an administrator and, if issues still continue and the program is quite old, try enabling Windows compatibility mode.

Hope this gives you some insights.

Regards,
Cruze

View solution in original post

1 Reply
caleb_cruze
Adept II

A black screen error is often caused by a software glitch. This most frequently occurs when dealing with a program that takes over your entire screen. Typical culprits are PC games, or media players running in full-screen mode.

In these instances, the computer should otherwise appear to run well. Diagnosis should be easy to reproduce. Simply launch the program for a game or media player, and view it in full-screen mode.

Solving the problem, however, can be difficult; if the bug lies in the software, there may be no solution. You can try fixing it by running the program at a different resolution.

Also, try running the software as an administrator and, if issues still continue and the program is quite old, try enabling Windows compatibility mode.

Hope this gives you some insights.

Regards,
Cruze