cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

brazilzabaks
Journeyman III

R9 270 low GPU usage

My GPU usage maxes out at about 20% ,but my CPU usage at about 80%, in CSGO.

Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 970

GPU: R9 270 2GB GDDR5

RAM: 4GB 1333 MHz

PSU: BeQuiet 400W 80+ Bronze efficiency

HDD: Western Digital 1TB 5400RPM

It can't be the HDD's fault, I was using it in a laptop before and worked fine.

My guess is that I don't have enough ram(?)

0 Likes
9 Replies
plumboby
Miniboss

Its you PSU budy to under powered for the build you got you need at least minimum 500w+. I got the exact same card in a build with 600w PSU without an issue. I can guarantee you PSU isnt putting out enough watts & amps to suit the draw your build will be pulling advise Invest in a 500w+ PSU minimum for your build.

0 Likes

i don't know man, forgot to say, one day i turned it on and it ran fine, 240fps in death-match and the rest of the games ran fine aswell, turned it on another time and it stopped working forever. Also i don't know if it can be the PSU, i bought the PSU from my room-mate who had this Setup:

GPU: GTX 1060 3GB OC

CPU: I7-7700K OC

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 240 GB

And his games ran completely fine.

Maybe my radeon control panel settings are misconfigured or something?

I'm going to get an aftermarket cooler for my CPU (currently using a stock cooler) and see if that changes anything, i'll report back if it gets any better

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

ITS YOU PSU you idiot 400w is far to underpowered for the set up you got. System requirments for that specifc card is 500w. As a note the newer nvidia craptel builds only draw 400w why he was using it. Go find a few good power supply calculator as btw you need a PSU of 500w+ so stop blaming your other hardware & look at investing a bigger PSU as the draw & output you are required & need isnt enough trust me. Stop trying to say its your other hardware when its its your PSU recommended requirements are there for a reason.

0 Likes
brazilzabaks
Journeyman III

I just hooked up my roommate's 600W psu to my rig and the problem still persists. I'm open to new ideas.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

Might be hard drive

0 Likes

i already mentioned that I used this HDD in my laptop, which ran the game fine. Could it just be my CPU getting thermal throtted?I realise that not so much cpu-heavy games work fine. But then the temps seem fine and i have seen the same processor paired with a gtx 1050 performing very well GTA 5 On GTX 1050 & Phenom II x4 970 Very High Settings - YouTube

0 Likes
brazilzabaks
Journeyman III

Update: Just got an after-market cooler, the problem is still there. Maybe the problem is in the CPU itself?I don't think it had many users before it because it came with a box and the plastic thing which holds the CPU along with the heatsink.

Checked the comparison of it to the G4560 and mine seems fairly similar in performance if not, slightly worse.

0 Likes
brazilzabaks
Journeyman III

Great, my CPU is the bottleneck, somehow i didn't think of it, i guess cpu benchmarks and comparisons online mean absolutely nothing, imma try overclocking now.

0 Likes
king007
Journeyman III

the radeon R9 270x is not support the 4k resolution like (4096X2160) and ihave a crossfire but all game lag ihave an artifact in all 3d soft or game

GPU: R9 270x 4GB GDDR5

RAM: 4GB 1080MHz

and thx

0 Likes