Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

abigailcat
Journeyman III

R7 M360 is always running

Hi,

Firstly, English is my second language so I may make some errors, sorry for that.

I was using AMD VGA driver version no 15.201.1001.1002 on my Lenovo Ideapad 500-15ISK-80NT laptop. But I can not manage switchable graphics i mean, i.e I can not start Minecraft on Radeon R7 M360 so I decided to try a newer driver version. I downloaded and installed Adrenalin 2020 20.4.2 version and it solved my problem.(I can run Minecraft on my R7 M360 so far). But I realized that my GPU is always on after downloading the Adrenalin version. Before, I always use MSI Afterburner to track GPU clock to ensure my GPU whether is on or not. Normally, while I was surfing the net or I opened Minecraft, those clocks never did not change, always 0. But now, in the idle (when nothing is opened) clocks are 300 MHz. When I open the browser, those clocks are changing. Also, when I choose the eSports mode in the Radeon software every app are affected by that(for example discord, Yandex browser, etc.) Every program is opened on my r7 m360 GPU. How can I fix that? That weird thing did not happen 15.201.1001.1002 but it does not allow me to switchable graphic settings properly.

0 Likes
2 Replies
fyrel
Miniboss

Check what power plan you are using.

20.4.2 adds in some extra options.

0 Likes

The latest AMD Drivers don't have switchable graphic settings anymore. The Switchable Graphic Settings from Radeon Settings has be moved & replaced by Windows Settings - Display.

0 Likes