cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

fluxr
Journeyman III

R7 370 Black Screen When Playing Games or Running GPU Stress Tests

Hi, I have an MSI R7 370 gpu which had the black screen when logging into windows problem. I recently got it RMA'd, and that fixed it for a few days, but now it has another problem. Whenever I play a game, or have a gpu stress test going, the screen will go black and be unresponsive. I have checked temps, and cleaned out my entire computer case. Im currently using another gpu in place of the R7 (a GTX 550 TI) , and it works fine, so I don't think it is the power supply. Does anyone know what could be wrong with it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

If a new power supply made the situation worse then there is something really wrong with that power supply and you should return it immediately. Please tell them it is defective and not supplying enough power, so some other person doesn't get this as an "open box" lemon.

Your system should never know you even have a new power supply so it should not respond in any way. The only way you ever know anything from a power supply is when it isn't giving you enough clean and stable power. Unfortunately this is the case for the MAJORITY of power supplies on the market.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
22 Replies