Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

gunchi
Journeyman III

R7 240 (rev2.0) Temperature

Hi

It's been half a year now since I own an AMD R7 240 (1gb GDDR5). It's perfect! Cheap, but packs a punch! Chews on anything I trow at it on playable framerates on 1440x900 and medium to high graphics settings. The card runs on stock frequencies, no overclocks. The only thing I'm starting to worry about is the temperatures, as the summer is only starting to heat up. The card gets up to ~70 degrees Celsius while gaming. Is this fine under full load? What is the temperature I should start to worry about, that could reduce the cards lifespan?  Whats the MAX temperature for this specific card?

- Gunchi

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: R7 240 (rev2.0) Temperature

70C under full load is well within the threshold of that card.

0 Likes
gunchi
Journeyman III

I don't seem to be able to find anywhere what is the specified threshold?

Nor the user manual, nor the AMD's website provides that info about the

product. I'm just curious as at a later date I'm willing to flash the bios

of the card and overclock it to turn it into r7 250. That would definitely

increase the temperatures, so some numbers would be nice to play with.

2015-06-09 18:56 GMT+03:00 ray_m <amd-external@jiveon.com>:

Community

<http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/fwA/PDcDAA/t.1nq/NC605PHuT1iJgINJI3ANvA/h0/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cYdOVzaiVMG-2FoD8hUwC7pIYF0tC3kdIUN4hKTc2HK0CESD-2Fa2Zr51sslpoLVLFhU3w-3D-3D> R7

240 (rev2.0) Temperature in AMD Radeon Graphics Technologies

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Absolute maximum temperature (TjMax) is 95c, but the card will likely begin to throttle at around 85-90C. If you're below 85c or lower, you have nothing to worry about.

Just a reminder that you can use Catalyst Control Center's Overdrive tab to increase the fan speed if required, thus achieving a lower overall temperature.

CFub9eWUgAAqeZ3.jpg

In addition, if you wish to use a Custom Fan Profile you create this by downloading and installing MSI Afterburner  and selecting > Settings > Fan > and copying the settings below. Adjust the fan slider to suit your needs.

2r9kCp2.jpg

0 Likes