cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

demesmaeker
Journeyman III

questions about the Radeon Pro WX 9100

Hi there. At my work we are going to create a room with 6 projectors, connected to a Windows 10 computer with a graphical card. Together, it will be one big panorama video that we are showing.

All my collegues said "go for ... (other brand name)", but just looking at specifications leads me to an:
Ati Radeon Pro WX 9100.

I have a few simple questions that I hope that someone can answer.

1) I need one big desktop. I mean, that if you look in Windows display settings, that every monitor is not a separate "screen", but that all the screens together form 1 big screen. Windows sees of course all the others, but the software creates 1 big screen (Not extended!)
I explain it, just to be on the safe side : The start menu is on the most left projection and the date and time on the most right part of the projection. All the projections  in between do not have a start button/date-time
Every brand gives this technology a different name. Intel calls it "Collage Display Mode"
Does this card also have support for this? (I have to be sure before I buy).
What is the name? (so I can google pictures)

2) If I record or stream a file from a INSTA360 camera, the output stream is H264.
If I look at the specs of the WX 9100, I see that it has native support for H265. Does this mean, that the main processor in the computer will take over the decompression and does the WX 9100 GPU then nothing? or do they work together?

3) 3d party software on the same computer demands direct X11 (I cannot see if it means :"at least, direct X 11). Is the WX 9100 also backwards compatible with directX 11?

4) How can I be sure that the WX 9100 fits in a desktop that I am going to buy? (Dell or HP)
I needs to be able to have 230 W extra for just the card of course, but will it fit length wise in any desktop of a normal size?

5) What does AMD mean with dual slot. Does it actually needs 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 ? or do they mean that it takes the space of two slots?

Any answer is appreciated! These are things that are not that easy to google

Friendly greetings,
Demesmaeker

0 Likes
3 Replies
fsadough

1) We use AMD Eyefinity Technology for Professionals | AMD  for multi-display set up

2) Depends on the application, mostly used by GPU

3) It is backwards compatible with directX 11, however if there is any bug with your application, we won't have support for it.

4) Radeon Pro WX 9100 is offered on:
HP Z4/Z6/Z8
DELL T5820/7820/7920

5) it takes the space of two slots

• What is your OS?
  • Where is your location?
  • What is the required resolution and refresh rate?
  • What are the make and model of the projectors you will be using?
  • How will you be running the cables? Straight or extender?
  • How many systems do you need?
0 Likes

First of all, thank you for answering! Here come my answers (and a few follow up questions)

1) Does eyefinity have support for creating 1 big "monitor"? I looked at this guide and then it looks like it does : Setting Up and Configuring Multiple Displays to Run in AMD Eyefinity Mode | AMD 
But I want to know if Windows then afterwards also sees it like 1 very wide screen. This is important, because other software demands this.

2) If the application is VLC, can I use the WX9100 to play H264 videos (So will it use the GPU in stead of the CPU)?
I know I can convert the videos, but I want to be prepared.

3) Ok. Thank you. I hope I can use the latest DirectX.

4) OK. Thank you so much! This really helped. This answer saved me a lot of time!

5)  

• What is your OS? Windows 10
  • Where is your location? Sweden
  • What is the required resolution and refresh rate? 1920x1200 per projector, refresh rate not that important 25 or 30 fps is good enough
  • What are the make and model of the projectors you will be using? We have not bought them yet, but we are probably going to be using 6 x  Epson  EB-1440Ui
  • How will you be running the cables? Straight or extender? Straight. max 3 meter cable per display output.
  • How many systems do you need? In this fase, only 1. If it is a success, the room will be duplicated on other locations

Friendly greetings,
Demesmaeker

0 Likes

Please PM me your email address

0 Likes