Re: Question about RX 5700 XT Temperature and Fan RPM

Jump to solution

I'm gonna try it and also share result

0 Likes
deptec
Adept II

Jump to solution

Just got the card Yesterday and was wondering about the temps. I just played 30mins of division 2 and when i closed it, the temp was 94 ans junction temp 112. I havent touched anything, anyrhing i Can do to lower the temp?

also, the weather here is crazy hot and so is it in my apartment

0 Likes
utterdisgust
Adept I

Jump to solution

Hmm I was wondering how this card would perform while playing division 2, I'd say if you haven't already done so the best way to cool it is follow what these guys above us are saying about undervolting your card and creating a custom fan curve. My card idles at high 40c low 50c and runs around the 60s to just about 70s I've had a few crashes but I think it's just wattman and driver issues honestly I use the same voltage as overclock3r above us and it seems to be just fine for me.. you might crash a few times but it's a really good starting point. Hope this helps happy gaming!

0 Likes
utterdisgust
Adept I

Jump to solution

How'd it go?

0 Likes
osirismelb
Adept III

Jump to solution

It's within limits but you can put a more agressive fan curve in Global Wattman.

Stock fan curve runs hot but quiet. Just up it to at least 50% at around 80 degrees and work backward on the curve from there.

0 Likes
beldyn
Adept I

Jump to solution

Trying for 3 days and it's stable right now. Tried on PUBG, Apex Legends, WoW and BFV.

0 Likes
deptec
Adept II

Jump to solution

What settings u using in wattsman and how is the fps in wow, pubg, apex and so on

0 Likes
shinkojiro
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Original fan curve is set to appease people who hate the turbine sound, but at the same time its not nearly as fast as a blower type fan needs to be to properly cool a card. If you increase it to like 50-60% at around 80c point it will drop 20c+ off gpu temp and 15c+ off Junction temp. A slightly more aggressive Idle will help too.

0 Likes
deptec
Adept II

Jump to solution

So did any1 find a Nice sweet spot for fan curve and so on, to get the temp Down, without losing on perfomance

0 Likes
tortue
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hi

I've found for mine 1900 Mhz GPU clock, 910 Mhz memory clock and 1021 mV safe with max fan speed 45%. Temps are around 78 GPU and 95 hot spot after like 1h of gaming with max GPU usage. FPS loss is only 3% comparing to stock. 

Checked with benchmarks like heaven, occt, superposition, furmark and some games - no errors. 

0 Likes