cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

daeronrt
Journeyman III

Proper way to setup Freesync on a 75Hz Monitor

Hello! I'm just going to make this as quick as poossible. I want to play with my AOC monitor (G2460V 24") compatible with FreeSync at full 1080p only with a Displayport cable. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong since by looking arround I got more question than answer solved. The topics I want to clarify are in this 5 questions:

-Shoud I use Freesync tech with ingame V-Sync on or using it at all?

-Shoud I Enable the "Chill" Feature on a Desktop Rig to limit my fps?

-In case that the Graphic settings are not an issue, shoud the frame rate stay freezed on 75fps while using Freesync to know if it's working propely?

-The Radeon Software suggest me that I shoud enable the VSR (Virtual Super Resolution). But since my only interest is to use my pc on a 1080p res. Does this feature worth runing or improve in any aspect my final goal?

-Since I'm not interested on OC bc I live in a hot area, Shoud I keep the Asus GPU TweakII in order to keep an stable performance or is not necessary?

My spects are:

• Procesor: AMD FX-8350 Vishera, Cache 8MB, 4.0GHz (Runing at Stock)

• Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX

• Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0

• Memory: 2  HyperX Fury 8gb 1866mhz

• SSD:  Kingston sv300s37a/ 240g (for Windows 10 SO and some Design Softwares)

• HD: 1 TB (just storage and some Games)

• UPS: Corsair 750W CX750

• GPU:  ASUS Radeon RX 580 Dual 8Gb

• Case: Middle Tower- Cougar Challenger with 2 extra Viper cooler Fans.

Thanks for the help and I hope your answers.

0 Likes
1 Reply

I don't use v-sync and FreeSync. You can have them both on, but v-sync on negates the other.

You can however combine Enhanced V-Sync and FreeSync. If you notice strange behavior just switch to V-Sync Off

I don't use VSR but you certainly can if you want.

I do use chill, I find it very helpful. My monitor FS range is 44 to 76 so I set my Chill Min @ 45 and my Max at 75.

FreeSync works great @ 1440p on my RX580 and IPS monitor.

Don't user FRTC and Chill at the same time. One or the other. I always use chill as it introduces no lag, E V-Sync does the same, reduces lag.

0 Likes