Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Problems with switchable graphics

dGPU still does not work

0 Kudos
elstaci
Esteemed Contributor III

Okay, it seems you have a problem with your laptop.

I suggest you open a ticket with HP Support and see what they recommend to do. It is possible your dGPU is failing or damaged.

Try to find HP Support. I guess this is where it is. I entered as "GUEST" since I don't know if you have an Account with HP.

Start here and input the data it requires and HP Support will help you.Contact HP Customer Support for HP ProBook 470 G2 Notebook PC | HP® Customer Support

0 Kudos
nezk0
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Thanks for the help. I will try to seek help from the HP community if they can help. I hope they can. Thanks for the advice.

0 Kudos
nezk0
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

A lot of views in my topic on the HP forum, but not a single answer, what could be the problem. I also read some of the topics on the forum and found out that the reason that the dhpp is not included might be a problem with OpenGL. And while HP will not release an update for bios for laptops from my series, so that you can turn on the fixed mode of using one of the GPU, then you will not do anything with this problem, and this update is still not released for several years and the plans are planned to be released in the near future. Unfortunately, they manufacture and sell devices that can not work properly and at full capacity. Apparently I'll have to suffer from the IGPU for the rest of my laptop's life, there's nothing to be done, but I've already had a laptop for more than 3 years. Okay, pretty lyrics, thank you very much for all your help and advice. One piece of advice I can give you is for sure: do not buy something that can not work correctly and costs not small money, always check what you take. Thanks again to all

0 Kudos
elstaci
Esteemed Contributor III

Man, I feel sorry for you.

HP Support wasn't any help?

By the way, you do have a new BIOS update for your Laptop from this year - 2018. It was posted in a previous comment by me. Don't know if it will fix your problem though.

Maybe you can sell your laptop in Amazon or Ebay and get some money for another better laptop.

I ran out of ideas. That was why I was hoping you would contact HP Support and see what they advised.

Anyways,

Good luck!

0 Kudos
pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

I am very sorry you are having this issue and no doubt believe that many others are having the same. I want to point out however when you said "you will not do anything" I think you are not understanding something. We in this forum ARE NOT AMD, we are mostly customers just like you, that have had our own issues and found this community. We share our knowledge and try our best to help each other. If you want AMD to look into this problem you have to ask them to and posting in these forums is not doing that. Here you are just hoping a peer might know what to do and give you a quick answer. To open a support ticket with HP and AMD would be a great idea, let them know whats going on and if they don't help, vote with your dollars next time. Here is the AMD link from the contact page for email support ticket: Email Form

Truly best wishes, I get how frustrating this is.

0 Kudos
nezk0
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Thanks for the email form. I know this is a community of users and I am grateful to these users for the advice and help they provided me. I just wrote that this problem is most likely not solved until HP releases an appropriate BIOS update for my laptop. I appealed to the community and to the official support of HP, but they could not help. Once again, I'm grateful to the users of this forum for their help, advice and time spent. And thanks for the link, I'll take advantage of this opportunity too

0 Kudos