Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Problems with switchable graphics

Laptop graphics update...How to

2. The Intel graphics drivers should be the latest offered by Intel Support.

Use their 'Driver Download Tool' to get the latest version. These must be installed before the AMD drivers.

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

nezk0
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Yes, I've added apps / games that need to be run using dGPU. I didn't make up Profiles for games to use dGPU card. The device manager shows the dGPU and the iGPU.

0 Kudos
nezk0
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I tried a clean installation, it did not help.

0 Kudos
nezk0
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Windows was completely updated before installing the drivers.

0 Kudos
pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

You might want to run this past HP tech support. They are the experts on their machine and may be able to tell you exactly what to do, if you have not already.

kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

And the Intel driver?

0 Kudos
nezk0
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Yes, I installed the Intel driver using their Driver Download Tool and using a clean install.

0 Kudos
nezk0
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Also when I turn off the iGPU in the device manager and try to start the game, an error appears such as "drivers for your device are not installed", "not installed directx 11" or something like that. But at the same time the latest drivers and dx are installed.

0 Kudos
nezk0
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Also when I turn off the iGPU in the device manager and try to start the game, an error appears such as "drivers for your device are not installed", "not installed directx 11" or something like that. But at the same time the latest drivers and dx are installed.

0 Kudos
elstaci
Esteemed Contributor III

run SFC /scannow in elevated Command Prompt.

This is to make sure your Windows 7 installation is not corrupted or missing files.

0 Kudos