Graphics Cards

lwyj26
Journeyman III

Problems with severe FPS drops when using R7 M370

Graphics card: 2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 M370

Laptop system: Dell Latitude E5570

Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Driver version installed: Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1.1

Display devices: Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)

Motherboard: Dell 06YF8N BIOS version 1.18.6

CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HQ

Power supply unit: Dell DA90PM130 90W

RAM: 8 gb

Been experiencing severe fps drops caused by fluctuating gpu utilization while running destiny 2. Game will run smoothly without any stutter for the first 15 minutes of play immediately after turning on the computer, but severe fps drops lasting about 10-20 seconds then start to occur, increasing in frequency until they start happening every 30 seconds or so. This is seemingly caused by a large drop in GPU utilization which occurs every time fps drops

Screenshot (86).png

I started palying destiny 2 about 2 weeks ago, and prior to this issue, which only started around 2 days ago, I was able to run destiny 2 on low graphical settings without any game breaking fps drops. The graphical intensiveness of the activity in the game also did not seem to affect the frequency of the lag spikes, as they continued to occur and increase in frequency regardless of whether I was playing multiplayer free-roam or single player activity or even just in a loading screen. The drops in fps are also accompanied by audio stutter, and when the fps drops become too frequent and intensive, I will be removed from whatever activity I was participating

0 Likes
3 Replies
barszczu122
Adept II

Start Monitoring CPU,GPU Usage and Temperatures.

Like Msi afterburner OSD

Propably you can get thermal throttling because you hit to much temperatures, most laptops have problem with temperatures.

Solution.

download and run Msi AfterBurner ( with install rivia tunner)

Start monitoring when you play and check what is doing your CPU,GPU when you have drop FPS

And most check your temperatures when is drop

0 Likes

Yes, it seems that the problem is thermal throttling. When the computer gets to a high enough temperature, usually about >85 degrees celsius, I will start getting FPS drops until the temperature returns to around 70 degrees. However, I am unable to increase the gpu fan speed to solve this problem as I don't think it has a fan controller chip. Any way I can turn off the thermal throttling process itself?

0 Likes
barszczu122
Adept II

Do you have cooling desk for laptop?

Better if you go clean laptop inside drom dust and give a new thermall paste

Thermal Grizzly or BeQuiet DC1 paste is best

Many laptop have problem with termal throttling it's nothing new

I sugested just clean, you can buy a cooling desk for laptop and give more fan speed

it is the best solution just clean the laptop it's very important

clean everything inside compressed air

To off thermall throtling i think it's imposible

it is save security inside in your cpu,gpu

0 Likes