Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Snoopo
Journeyman III

Problems with my new 6800xt

Hello everyone

I received my new 6800xt last Thursday and I have some problems with it.

First one, sometimes for no reason, my 144hz monitor cap itself to 60 fps. When I go on another program and go back on my game it shows 140 fps for few seconds and after go down to 60. I fixed it the first time by restarting my computer and the second time by unplugging and plug back my second monitor (60hz).

The second scare me way more. Sometimes, mostly a the start of my playtime, I have white line that appear for a fraction of second on the upside of my screen. The first times it was really small, almost unoticeable. But today it's way more noticeable, it's not only white, but with multiples colors and after more than one hour it's still occuring. It's not constant, I can have few minutes without it, so it's not unbearable, but I'm scared that can become worst. I tried to record it with radeon software to have some image, but everytime I'm recording I don't have the white lines. It's maybe just a coincidence, I didn't tried so much.

My specs :

Ryzen 5800x

Rx 6800xt reference

4*8 curcial ballistix 3600 mhz

Asus ROG STRIX 550-A Gaming

Samsung 980 PRO 1TB

First monitor : LG 27GL850

Second monitor : low tier/old acer 60hz

I hope you have an easy solution for me, I'm tired to fight with my pc. Last december I had a lot of trouble with my new 5800x and unstable bios. It took me 4 weeks to fix it.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Snoopo
Journeyman III

I have new informations, I tried to turn on instant replay to be able to capture the moment when the white line appear. And for like 5-10 minutes nothing. I turn off instant replay and the white line came back. Maybe someone can pin point where that come with that information.

0 Likes