cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

smilod0n
Adept I

Re: Problems with AMD radeon R9 380

Guys, you could try to increase gpu voltage or set power limit to max (+20%). The error you get could be because the gpu doesn't get enough power.

You could do this from MSI AB / Sapphire Trixx or try it from the driver (only power limit there).

0 Kudos
gelonyrum
Adept II

AMD must care about this, not we, they are selling broken cards, that is a problem.

0 Kudos
teolicious
Adept II

I wanted to buy a graphics card and play games, period.

I dont know how to do the things you suggest

All i know is that i wasted 280$ on a broken card.Yay

0 Kudos
hanway
Adept II

I'm pretty sure that's not it for various reasons.

- If it was this easy AMD would be able to fix it.

- If this was the issue it wouldn't have started with all driver versions after 15.11.1

- The card would probably only give a black screen during intense stress, but it happens when it's hardly pulling full power too

0 Kudos
arek_
Adept II

Agree. I tried increasing power limit (although 10%) on stock clocks and i didn't helped me. Now, using 15.11.1 i overclocked my card to 1080mhz without touching any power options (without increasing power limit and voltage) and card is full stable.

0 Kudos
teolicious
Adept II

Screen went black again.I never would expect that it would come to this, but I want to remove R9 380 and re-install my old graphics card.

All I need to do is to uninstall the drivers, turn of the pc and remove the card, right ? Or is there something else I must do before removing it ?

0 Kudos
sandyjerry
Journeyman III

This is year 2019.  I bought an used XFX R9 380 2GB card and have the same issue.

The problem is still not solved but I want to summarize my findings.

•  All software and drivers are updated to date. Some online articles claim some specific old versions can solve the problem. But none of those old drivers solved my issue.
  • A dedicated PSU is added to make sure the graphics card always have enough power supply.
  • Fans were cleaned and thermal paste was replaced.

My computer would re-boot as long as the GPU temperature stays >50°C for a few minutes.

After reading many articles online and after my own debugging, the overheating seems being the real root-cause of this issue. But ONLY 50°C!?! This is absurd.

After all the efforts, the only way I can have a stable gameplay is to keep gpu temperature lower than 50°C.

More fans are added and GPU is running lower clock frequencies and lower voltage.

For a low budget $200 gaming PC in year 2018, I am fine with this work-around.

0 Kudos
katane
Journeyman III

Hi everyone, i use to have the exact same problems and tried all the "possible" solution. 

I resolve the problem by totally reinstalling windows.

The problem appeared some month ago on Windows 7, various BSOD, Freeze, Restarts. I tried to change drivers for older ones and it solved it for some days. After what the computer was still crashing. I tried to totally uninstall the Graphic Card, and just run the computer with the intel ship, but after a while, AMD R9 pop up from nowhere, take the lead and make my computer crash. Like if an old driver was making the mess somewere.

So i upgrade to Windows 10, and the problem still appear. 

I uninstall the Graphic Card and Clean the whole machine with DDU. Then install the 15.12 drivers, launch a game and it was full of artefact. 

At this point my computer crash, black screen, cannot manage to see something for a while. 

So i began to look for some new graphics cards, but before buying it i tried a proper new installation of Windows 10.

And here it is, working fine, last recommended drivers installed, checking the temp of the GC and it's ok. 

So give it a try. 

Something make me think that after a long time windows begin to be corrupted for some reasons.

0 Kudos