cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

smilod0n
Adept I

Re: Problems with AMD radeon R9 380

"Display Driver Uninstaller". It's for uninstalling the driver completely (deletes all AMD folders, registers etc). I only use it when I have some serious issues, just like yours. And yes, I don't have any trouble with the 16.6.1, everything works just fine.

arek_
Adept II

Display Driver Uninstaller - u can easily find it in Google. I also thought 16.6.1 fixed the problem - but i guess it just happend less than before.

arek_
Adept II

It happend again - this time i had red screen and PC didn't freeze just restart.

0 Kudos
hanway
Adept II

I didn't have these problems with 16.6.1, but today I installed 16.6.2 and after 10 minutes playtime it happened again, so it's definitely back...

Edit: It crashes each time reliably with the System Shock Remastered demo. Even on 16.6.1...

mbk1989
Challenger

Hi,

I recommend you to try 16.5.3 drivers. I also had black and red screen issues with the drivers 16.6.1 and 16.6.2. 16.5.3 works fine though.

teolicious
Adept II

So, in order to uninstall 16.6.1, i need the DDU ? Where can I find it ? Also, is there a link for 16.5.3 drivers ?

0 Kudos
mbk1989
Challenger

Hello. First uninstall drivers from control panel then restart your pc. Then, run DDU in safe mode. Restart your pc and install 16.5.3. Here you go: AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.3 Release Notes

Let us know if it is working.

0 Kudos
teolicious
Adept II

I installed 16.5.3 and I played Assassins Creed Unity.I climbed to the same viewpoint and the game crashed, the screen turned black and I had to restart the PC from the power button.

What is going on ? Every damn driver is problematic ???

kincses
Journeyman III

I'm having similar problems.

Own a Sapphire Radeon R9 380 4GB NITRO for like half a year.

In the beginning it was OK.

Then a driver patch came in and I started to get green screens with complete PC freezes.

First it was only in games, then I had some while watching youtube videos.

Tried driver reinstalls and whatnot.

Seemed to be OK again, but it isn't, shortly came back to games only.

Now it went further, it makes 'signal lost' and complete freezes too.

Can reproduce crashes in Unigine Valley.

Will try to test card in another system to rule out a PSU/mobo error.

0 Kudos
teolicious
Adept II

I dont know if the crashing problem is Unity's fault.But it is very strange that it crashes in the same spot every time.I played a match in LoL and 20 mins in Wild Hunt and a bit in Dark souls 3, it doesnt have any problem.

But, why is unity crashing ? Is it the game's fault ?

0 Kudos