cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

teolicious
Adept II

Problems with AMD radeon R9 380

Approximately six months ago, I bought an AMD radeon R9 380 graphics card.I didn't experience any problems with it for the first two or three weeks.A month passed and problems started showing up.While I was working on my PC,not playing, the PC screen suddenly turned black, without the PC turning off.It just turned black with no way to recover it.I had to press the power button in order to restart the PC.However, while I play, sometimes the game freezes and a notification shows up, telling me that there are no AMD drivers Installed.I re-install the drivers from the CD that arrived with the package and it doesnt seem to work.

These events have been going on for two months now and I dont know how to deal with it.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
37 Replies
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Problems with AMD radeon R9 380

We are currently the reports of stability issues with some R9 380 GPUs, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Some users have reported that using the latest Crimson 16.6.1 drivers has resolved the issue. If you experience the same issue with Crimson 16.6.1, please try Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta to see if that resolves the issue.

teolicious
Adept II

I have downloaded the 16.6.1 drivers from the website and so far I havent seen any problems.However, with the previous drivers, while I was in-game, the game suddenly froze and a notification would come up saying that the monitor drivers stopped responding.Sometimes, while playing Assassins Creed Unity, I would climb to a specific viewpoint and when I pressed the synchronisation button, the game crashed and the PC restarted on its own.Why is this happening ?

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not sure, that could have been a software issue relating to the drivers or an issue with the game itself. Glad to hear that 16.6.1 is working okay.

teolicious
Adept II

yes, but, apart from the game crash, is there a more specific reason why the drivers stop responding when im in-game?.Also, will you release an update for 16.6.1 ?

-EDIT-

16.6.1 still has issues.At Assassins Creed Unity, when I arrive at ONE specific viewpoint and I move the camera around, it freezes and the screen turns black.

I want to dowload the Catalyst version you suggested, but since its a beta, wont it have some problems as well ? I am in some sort of a dillema at this point

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta should work okay, it may solve your issue.

0 Kudos
arek_
Adept II

I haven't tested 15.11.1 yet, but i checked 16.6.1. I guess 16.6.1 crashing less than 16.3 but still. I had 1 crash in Witcher 3 yesterday. When can we except stable drivers for 380? 15.11.1 is quite old driver.

0 Kudos
teolicious
Adept II

I've also seen some crashes when I play the Witcher 3.About the 15.11.1, why is it still in beta since it is an old driver ?

Also, is there going to be an update for 16.6.1 ?

smilod0n
Adept I

I also had this problem but after uninstalling the old driver with DDU then installing the 16.6.1 driver, now it works flawlessly

0 Kudos
teolicious
Adept II

What is DDU ? 16.6.1 isnt troubling you ?

0 Kudos