cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

mbk1989
Challenger

Re: Problems with AMD radeon R9 380

I have one more idea left. Run sfc\scannow from cmd. It will probably find corrupted windows file and change it (it is opencl file and amd drivers overwrite windows 10 opencl with its own). Then you try again unity in the same viewpoint. Please let me know if it works. Good luck.

0 Kudos
hanway
Adept II

Replacing this opencl file, that is deteced as corrupt by sfc, doesn't do anything. I've done that a hundred times without effect.

0 Kudos
mbk1989
Challenger

Yeah I know but I am out of ideas. Btw if we think the difference of crimson drivers from catalyst is Shader cache feature. Can you guys disable shader cache and try to replicate the issue? If it won't work then I will give up Actually it is amd's job to solve this issue not our's...

0 Kudos
gelonyrum
Adept II

This is AMD fault, this card crashing in Wasteland 2 too. The only way to fix this is to buy NVIDIA and never buy AMD again. More than half of a year they can't fix this, they even didn't add this to known issues... My first and last AMD card.

arek_
Adept II

Sad but true. Their ignorance make me angry. It's my second AMD card and definitly last.

teolicious
Adept II

It crashes always at the same spot ? (at wasteland 2 )

0 Kudos
gelonyrum
Adept II

No, it happened in different locations and many times.

0 Kudos
kincses
Journeyman III

Allright, maybe I wont have to test it in another system.

Reverted to "AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12 Driver version 15.30.1025.1001" and it's holding out so far, 1 hour+ gaming and stress testing. (It crashed in between 10 to 30 min before)

0 Kudos
teolicious
Adept II

I have owned R9 380 since december, and i find curious the fact that it started being problematic 2 months ago.At the beggining it was flawless, but since may, problems started to come up.

1)black screen when i do anything BUT gaming.pc stays active but I have to press the power button for restart.

2)when gaming, sometimes game freezes and screen turns black, with the pc restarting on its own.

3)when gaming, sometimes red screen and I have to press the power button for restart.

4)when gaming, sometimes screen turning black, but it recovers on its own, along with a message saying ''The drivers were recovered'' (or something like that)

I havent experienced these problems with 16.5.3.I installed it 2 days ago.I uninstalled AC Unity and i plan to re-install it in the future.

I am a bit discouraged to play because I fear that these problems will occcur again.

It is ironic really,when I bought R9 380  I was so happy, little did I know that in the future I wouldnt be able to play my games comfortably.

0 Kudos
teolicious
Adept II

I am so PISSED right now.I was playing Team fortress 2 and the screen suddenly went black !! IN TEAM ''''ING FORTRESS 2 !! What the hell ??? Why does AMD release Graphics Cards without releasing stable drivers ?? This is unnaceptable. I spent 280$ on a useless piece of ''''