cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

fcesar122
Adept I

Problems RADEON 625

I bought an Acer aspire 3 (A315-23G) Laptop.
It comes with the integrated GPU Vega8 and the dedicated GPU Radeon 625.
The windows is not recognizing the Radeon 625.
In the "Device Manager", it appears with "code 31 problem".

I have already installed all the drivers and the problem remains.

Whats Should i do?

*i use windows in brazilian portuguese.

Radeon625.PNG

0 Likes
8 Replies

Have you tried installing the drivers from Acer's web page for that laptop?

You only install one driver..not two. Laptops use one driver that updates the discrete and the integrated graphics.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-11-2

I already installed the "Auto-Detect and Install" and several versions of Adrenalin.
And the problem remains.:smileysad:

Is there any software to test if the Radeon 625 is working?

0 Likes

@fcesar122 wrote:

I already installed the "Auto-Detect and Install" and several versions of Adrenalin.
And the problem remains.:smileysad:

Is there any software to test if the Radeon 625 is working?

Your Device manager shows both graphics have errors. Install the drivers I showed you and never use 'automatic search and install" When the drivers start to install, you have the option there to choose "Clean install". Do it.

I have installed the driver you showed me.
At first it seemed to work, but then the blue screen appeared with mesage: "SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION".
The amdkmdag.sys file failed.

After restarting, the device manager is pointing to code 43 error.Tela Azul.jpeg

0 Likes

Check device manager for errors....

Have you set Windows Update to delay?

Screenshot_2.png

Your laptop is a new model and still supported by the manufacturer. Go to this support site and install chipset update, bios update, VGA update, 650 update....and any others you find.  https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8369?b=1

AMD offers generic drivers and all downloads mention:

Important Note for Laptop and All-In-One (AIO) PCs 
AMD recommends OEM-provided drivers which are customized and validated for their system-specific features and optimizations.
If you experience issues using the Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition driver package downloaded from AMD.com, please install the OEM-provided drivers for full support and compatibility.

Thank you so much for you time and support.

I tried all these steps, including deleting old drivers anda pausing the windows update.

Bute the probleam persisted.

So, i decided to order a replacement from store.

0 Likes