PSU: Silverstone 800w Titanium
3x SSD: 1nvme & 2x SATA
2x 27" QHD, one 144hz the other 60hz, in DisplayPort

Peripheral:2 Mouse (USB 2)
1 Keyboard (USB 2)
1 Gamepad (USB 2)
1 Xbox Elite Controller (USB 3.2 Gen 1)
1 Audient EVO 4 (USB 3.2 Gen 1)
1 HDD (WDRed 4TB 5400rpm) (USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C)

I wanted to use the WX2100 as a second graphics card for my second monitor, and for hardware acceleration. So that my RX5700xt is only for the game, and its running I gain a lot in game.

But problem, I have sound bugs (Clipping, Pops, etc ...), and even if I install Radeon software 22.2.1/2/3, the software always switches to pro version and suddenly I lose the updates with the software, I have to go to the site, and also the options for the games. And I have usb problems, I have the sound of windows when you plug or unplug a port randomly, while I don't touch the port and it doesn't matter in game or not.

I tried several times to change windows, test all the usb ports of the pc, with the minimum just a keyboard and a mouse. Test several drivers. But nothing helps I always pops and usb bug.

For the moment I don't use the WX2100 (it's not plugged in), but I'd love it to work properly.

Thank you in advance if you know how to solve the problem.

Cordially,
Mably

0 Likes
7 Replies

I don't believe you can install that Professional GPU (W2100) and Consumer GPU (RX5700XT) in the same computer.

The last Professional GPU driver for your W2100 from 07/27/2021 (https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-pro-win-21-q2-1-pre-polaris)  which doesn't seem to be compatible with the RX5700XT.

While the latest GPU drivers for the RX5700XT (https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-... which does use both the Adrenaline and Professional GPU drivers doesn't show to be compatible with your W2100.

But I could be wrong. It is best if AMD Moderator for Pro. GPU cards @fsadough answer your post.

0 Likes

This one I have is a Radeon pro WX2100, the W2100 is a FirePro.

When I look on the AMD site, it is said that the last drivers for the WX2100 is in pro version 21Q4 or in Adrenaline 22.2.3

PS : If you have a better solution then a WX2100 to plug 2nd or 3rd in the future monitor with displayport, i take it

0 Likes

Sorry I misread your original post of your Professional GPU card.

You will need to wait for Fsadough to answer next week if possible.

0 Likes
fsadough

Not sure, how I can help you. This configuration (consumer + Pro) is not part of our QA. Unfortunately you are on your own, how to get it to work. I didn't understand the purpose of WX2100 in your system. Feel free to elaborate. 

I use the WX 2100 to hook up my other monitors and to relieve the load from hardware acceleration etc., so that my RX5700xt is on the main monitor and only for gaming.

Its walk, its allows me to gain an average of 15fps in game, and also vram.

But hey as said before the fact of putting the wx2100 I have usb and sound bugs.

If you have another kind of solution more in the non-pro Radeon game for my replacement of the wx2100, I'm interested. (I'm looking in DisplayPort and low-profile)

Thanks for your time and reply

1. As per your spec, you have only 2x monitors. What other monitors are you referring to, that are connected to WX2100?
  2. What is wrong with doing hardware acceleration using your RX 5700XT?
  3. You need to be very precise what applications you are running and how you control them to be executed on specific GPU? 

Hi,

1 : My secondary monitor (1440p@60hz) is connected on my wx2100

2 : Nothing wrong, it's work, but use my gpu, so in game loose some performance. Forza 5 extreme(except on setting) I have 50avg when using only my RX5700XT, and 70avg when using only one monitor and offload HA to an other gpu(WX2100 or my iGPU)

3 : I use Vivaldi for Browsing, Steam (Overlay), Battle.net, Xbox game bar, Leagues of Legends, Edge for Netflix, Discord sometime. And to control them, just use Windows Settings 

If Think is One, a Driver conflict/issue or maybe the chipset, since the wx2100 is connected to it, in pcie 3.0 @4x

An other thing, why AMD remove the option to switch between Radeon non pro, and Radeon Pro software ? Cause when using Radeon pro, you can't update with the software, and you loose some functionality, like when using app, fps control, sharpening.

Thank, and sorry for late response, was quite busy at work.

Cordially,

Mably

0 Likes