cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

harax
Adept I

problem with rx570

Hello,i just install my new rx570 and everything is okay but i cant lower my fans it stays at 75 percent and i cant lower it  in softvare and when i set 144hz refresh rate v ram goes up? 

0 Likes
5 Replies
hitbm47
Forerunner

Hi @harax 

You should not want to lower your FAN speed in any scenario, you will want to keep it set to "auto" (otherwise you are asking for your RX 570 to burn out). You will want to find the cause of your FAN(s) rising to 75%:

- Is your GPU brand new (did you purchase it second-hand or from an official trustworthy re-seller)?

- Does the FAN(s) reach 75% immediately after starting the computer while it was off for more than 20minutes?

Furthermore, yes your VRAM allocation will go up when you play at higher frame-rates, since the GPU has to store more frames that has been rendered by it, which has then to be sent to the computer screen. If you have an 8GB RX 570 this shouldn't be a concern, even if you only have the 4GB RX 570 depending on which games you play and if you are using VSync without FreeSync.

Kind regards

0 Likes

Yes my GPU is brand new, it starts 3000+ rpm simply when its like 55 to 60  celsius degree or when i switch to 144hz at desktop.

On 120hz fans are at zero. In Radeon softvare i cant go bellow 75 percent at simply desktop do i need something to allow in settings?

Thanks for help

Hi @harax 

That does not sound normal too me, the fans should spin up when it hits 60C but not that fast.

It might be that the GPU has been standing in the box for years and that the thermal paste has dried up, I would check if your card is still in warranty and contact the manufacturers for technical support to either replace the GPU or for them to refurbish it, (meaning to fix defects on it such as bad thermal paste).

If your card is out of warranty, you can try carefully replacing the thermal paste by yourself. You can have a look at the photo's I posted here of how much you should apply:

https://community.amd.com/t5/discussions/rx-580-8gb-black-screen/m-p/481482#M17644

Kind regards

0 Likes

Thanks for helping me  i will contact shop where i bought  my GPU.

@harax 

Hope they help you to get in sorted, my fans only rev up to 80% when a game has been running max load on GPU for 5-10min.

0 Likes